Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Hey Dave,[KB8869] Share a subscription feature no longer available in ESET HOME
tried helping a friend got this...They just lost me as a customer
Let the friend get his own subscription. I do not see any reason to stop ESET when this sharing feature is not available anymore, since this feature was used for Piracy anyway.[KB8869] Share a subscription feature no longer available in ESET HOME
tried helping a friend got this...They just lost me as a customer
Share of full license or just features like VPN?[KB8869] Share a subscription feature no longer available in ESET HOME
tried helping a friend got this...They just lost me as a customer
How so, given that you share a license which was paid for?this feature was used for Piracy anyway
They sold the share licenses on eBayHow so, given that you share a license which was paid for?
I guess that's the cost of choosing a more boutique antivirus. They have a similar employee count to Bitdefender's, but their global consumer market share is on the lower end among leaders. Their revenue's not bad, though, with growth on the enterprise side.But isn't this a way Eset is trying to increase revenue, individual licenses, closing the share feature even if it was due to piracy? I can't blame them for making money, that's what they're in business for, and not a charity. But, they are expensive, if a person doesn't know the discount sources to use that have been posted on this forum.
And it does now, Premium on up, includes the nice VPNI guess that's the cost of choosing a more boutique antivirus. They have a similar employee count to Bitdefender's, but their global consumer market share is on the lower end among leaders. Their revenue's not bad, though, with growth on the enterprise side.
No offense here, from a average Joe who is still using F-Secure on two of my PC's and my phone. I know what it does, and how it worksI agree ESET is first class, I have another year left on my license & its on my wife's & another PC, as I already have a VPN its unlikely I will renew in another years as there are alternatives that cost much less that are likely as good, so despite all end of road for me after many years when there was just NOD32 - For some time on here the general recommendation for ESET was its great IF you set HIPS rules up properly otherwise its weak, I think that put people off ESET for some time - Its expensive compared to others regardless.
Adding a VPN at this late stage after I've been using one for so many years really wont make much difference to me. The adjustments that can be made are fine IF you know what they mean & to be honest I don't really know anyone in real life apart from a relative who is an IT guy who know how to do that. The less Joe/Joanna average can change in my view the better, the world is made up in PC's of average or much less users - No offense intended to anyone here![]()
ROTFL...good one, love itYou do realize you are the only person left using F-secure on here & its very likely your system will be taken over by the evil ones (probably today) as a punishment for not following the latest orders !![]()
Not far behind you on my other notebook
What's the difference between sharing and letting your friend get his own? If you really like your friend that much then you can easily share your ESET account password so they can log into your credentials and use your unused license #s OR provide the friend with your key.[KB8869] Share a subscription feature no longer available in ESET HOME
tried helping a friend got this...They just lost me as a customer
People sell it to others and those others sell it to others in the end it can cause a key to be blacklisted and now everyone can't use the lic. For those who paid for it w/o their knowledge end up screwed.How so, given that you share a license which was paid for?
Sorry to veer it off topic but you piqued my internet (yeah I know). Do the old HIPS setup in the ESET sub still apply or are there any other guide that you can shareI agree ESET is first class, I have another year left on my license & its on my wife's & another PC, as I already have a VPN its highly unlikely I will renew in another year as there are alternatives that cost much less that are likely as good, so despite all end of road for me after many years when there was just NOD32 - For some time on here the general recommendation for ESET was its great IF you set HIPS rules up properly otherwise its weak, I think that put people off ESET for some time - Its expensive compared to others regardless.
Adding a VPN at this late stage after I've been using one for so many years really wont make much difference to me. The adjustments that can be made are fine IF you know what they mean & to be honest I don't really know anyone in real life apart from a relative who is an IT guy who know how to do that. The less Joe/Joanna average can change in my view the better, the world is made up in PC's of average or much less users - No offense intended to anyone here![]()
F-SureYou do realize you are the only person left using F-secure on here & its very likely your system will be taken over by the evil ones (probably today) as a punishment for not following the latest orders !![]()
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes