Question Eset pulls share feature??

ESET
21 Replies 2,532 Views
Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.

[KB8869] Share a subscription feature no longer available in ESET HOME​

tried helping a friend got this...They just lost me as a customer
Hey Dave,

Sorry to hear you're running into this frustration with ESET HOME. From what I recall, ESET did indeed phase out the "Share a subscription" feature a while back—it's documented in their KB article (KB8869, as you mentioned). It was meant to let users easily share licenses with family or friends, but they removed it to streamline their licensing model and focus on individual device management.

If you're looking for alternatives, you might consider:
  • Purchasing separate licenses for your friend—ESET often has multi-device bundles that can be more cost-effective.
  • Checking out their family plans or exploring other security suites that still offer sharing options, like Bitdefender or Norton, which have similar features.

Before jumping ship, it might be worth reaching out to ESET's support directly—they sometimes offer workarounds or promotions for loyal customers. Have you tried that yet? Let us know how it goes; we're here to help brainstorm if needed.
 
But isn't this a way Eset is trying to increase revenue, individual licenses, closing the share feature even if it was due to piracy? I can't blame them for making money, that's what they're in business for, and not a charity. But, they are expensive, if a person doesn't know the discount sources to use that have been posted on this forum.
 
But isn't this a way Eset is trying to increase revenue, individual licenses, closing the share feature even if it was due to piracy? I can't blame them for making money, that's what they're in business for, and not a charity. But, they are expensive, if a person doesn't know the discount sources to use that have been posted on this forum.
I guess that's the cost of choosing a more boutique antivirus. They have a similar employee count to Bitdefender's, but their global consumer market share is on the lower end among leaders. Their revenue's not bad, though, with growth on the enterprise side.
 
I guess that's the cost of choosing a more boutique antivirus. They have a similar employee count to Bitdefender's, but their global consumer market share is on the lower end among leaders. Their revenue's not bad, though, with growth on the enterprise side.
And it does now, Premium on up, includes the nice VPN :)
 
Last edited:
I agree ESET is first class, I have another year left on my license & its on my wife's & another PC, as I already have a VPN its highly unlikely I will renew in another year as there are alternatives that cost much less that are likely as good, so despite all end of road for me after many years when there was just NOD32 - For some time on here the general recommendation for ESET was its great IF you set HIPS rules up properly otherwise its weak, I think that put people off ESET for some time - Its expensive compared to others regardless.

Adding a VPN at this late stage after I've been using one for so many years really wont make much difference to me. The adjustments that can be made are fine IF you know what they mean & to be honest I don't really know anyone in real life apart from a relative who is an IT guy who know how to do that. The less Joe/Joanna average can change in my view the better, the world is made up in PC's of average or much less users - No offense intended to anyone here :)
 
Last edited:
I agree ESET is first class, I have another year left on my license & its on my wife's & another PC, as I already have a VPN its unlikely I will renew in another years as there are alternatives that cost much less that are likely as good, so despite all end of road for me after many years when there was just NOD32 - For some time on here the general recommendation for ESET was its great IF you set HIPS rules up properly otherwise its weak, I think that put people off ESET for some time - Its expensive compared to others regardless.

Adding a VPN at this late stage after I've been using one for so many years really wont make much difference to me. The adjustments that can be made are fine IF you know what they mean & to be honest I don't really know anyone in real life apart from a relative who is an IT guy who know how to do that. The less Joe/Joanna average can change in my view the better, the world is made up in PC's of average or much less users - No offense intended to anyone here :):):)
No offense here, from a average Joe who is still using F-Secure on two of my PC's and my phone. I know what it does, and how it works :) :) (as the forum gasps... LOL) And bonus for the US, is their VPN with enough servers and options, no muss no fuss :) Renewal last time was vary affordable.
 
My confession is even worse... :cool:

K.jpg
 

[KB8869] Share a subscription feature no longer available in ESET HOME​

tried helping a friend got this...They just lost me as a customer
What's the difference between sharing and letting your friend get his own? If you really like your friend that much then you can easily share your ESET account password so they can log into your credentials and use your unused license #s OR provide the friend with your key.


As an alternative if you do indeed want to dump ESET as your provider then I highly recommend McAfee and their unlimited user account.
 
Last edited:
How so, given that you share a license which was paid for?
People sell it to others and those others sell it to others in the end it can cause a key to be blacklisted and now everyone can't use the lic. For those who paid for it w/o their knowledge end up screwed.

How do I know? I bought a Black Friday ESET lic from Amazon thinking it was legit just to end up having the lic black listed in March of the following year. I tried to get money back from Amazon but nada.

I am not saying that anyone here would do such a thing all I am saying that such a thing is obviously being done.
 
I agree ESET is first class, I have another year left on my license & its on my wife's & another PC, as I already have a VPN its highly unlikely I will renew in another year as there are alternatives that cost much less that are likely as good, so despite all end of road for me after many years when there was just NOD32 - For some time on here the general recommendation for ESET was its great IF you set HIPS rules up properly otherwise its weak, I think that put people off ESET for some time - Its expensive compared to others regardless.

Adding a VPN at this late stage after I've been using one for so many years really wont make much difference to me. The adjustments that can be made are fine IF you know what they mean & to be honest I don't really know anyone in real life apart from a relative who is an IT guy who know how to do that. The less Joe/Joanna average can change in my view the better, the world is made up in PC's of average or much less users - No offense intended to anyone here :)
Sorry to veer it off topic but you piqued my internet (yeah I know). Do the old HIPS setup in the ESET sub still apply or are there any other guide that you can share


Also in US the ESET lic is being sold retail in MicroCenter a geek nerdgasm store regarding anything PC and robotics.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top