Eset scanner hangs on desktop.ini

Karanshtina

Thread author
Oct 13, 2014
This computer has some important data on it and I would like to keep the system intact if possible. I just got it handed to me to take care of it but no malware removal tools helped sort it out. Eset hangs on desktop.ini files, even after deleting them it still hangs on other instances (Documents/Videos/desktop.ini or, for example, Documents/Music/desktop.ini and so forth). I was hoping you can help me put this computer back to shape without having to do clean install.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    38 KB · Views: 65
  • FRST.txt
    34.8 KB · Views: 62

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Sorry for delay.

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please include their content into your next reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.