Advice Request ESET update query

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I'm currently using trial version of lastet EIS (Version 16.0.24.0) , I'm from India. When I'm trying to update ESET update manually or after automatically update, detection engine version showing old update engine number sometime ( for example 26822 instead of latest 26823 ), and sometime showing updated version engine. Is it happened due to different time zone? ( IST & CET ) And update process always slow even stable & fast internet connection. No other issues. Please reply. Thanks in advance.

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
I can confirm that update download speed can be slow. I believe that this is a problem of their CDN provider. Maybe they outgrown their provider's capacity and should look for a different provider...
I never experienced a problem about different version number. If I run manual update it usually updates to last version. Just now it updated to version 26287.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I can confirm that update download speed can be slow. I believe that this is a problem of their CDN provider. Maybe they outgrown their provider's capacity and should look for a different provider...
I never experienced a problem about different version number. If I run manual update it usually updates to last version. Just now it updated to version 26287.
Thanks for your reaply. Just now it updated to version 26291. No problem if I manually update but sometimes I found it after auto update then I updated it manually.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.