New Update ESET update - version 15.1.12.0

Minimalist

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020

No announcement yet, available through internal updater.

Version 15.1.12.0​

• New: Brute Force attack protection settings added
  • New: Banking and payment protection: added option to hide frame and in browser notification
  • New: banking and payment protection: autohide of frame and in-browser notification in full screen mode
  • New: reorganized advanced setup
  • New: Installer: redesigned configuration screen with accept all button
  • Updated: Network Inspector: small UI changes
  • Updated: Silent uninstall not possible without set password
  • Updated: Moved network watch activity under network protection + removed Watch activity from tools
  • Removed: repair option
  • Fixed: CVE-2022-27167
  • Bug fixing and other small improvements

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
My result of a 900 sample pack (all well over 24 hours old, I hadnt updated them today) ran against the latest ESET Antivirus tested this morning, lots of stuff missed (and check the virus total detetcion rates of those files om process exporer?!) - the 3 test images were left encrypted.. FAIL

well this isnt the final result, this was during the test.... but it did complete execuctuing 900 samples in around 15 minutes
esetFAIL.png

settings used
standard install Antivirus 30 day trial updated
pua & livegrid enabled
threatsense - auto remedy
notifications - disable pop ups

a gif of the test in full

Last edited:

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
well found added 60 fresh samples from today and tested avast free (i was expcting it to fail miserably).... Perfect test, nothing ran or missed! and completed in 6minutes! very very well done avast

Reactions: spaceoctopus

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
Reported these to eset?
as you see from the gif of the test it wasnt a very scientific test...
900 samples in a folder, and a batch file to run these 1 after the other while monitoring process explorer... I didn't have logs or make notes of exactly which were the numerous ones that eset missed, but livegrid was enabled so hopefully they did get some data/telemetry from my test automatically.

also to note that all samples used in the eset test were at least 24 hours old which makes the result even worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: spaceoctopus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.