New Update ESET version 16.0.0

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
Hi just wanted to ask ,what is the difference between notifications and alerts? Do I need to enable both to see virus warnings?
Alerts have to be enabled for virus warnings.
Notifications are used to show you additional information. You can choose what you want to see as shown below.

1686367364697.png

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Hi if I am using VS pro with moderate settings ,can I disable hips in Eset? Thks
Considering that I have not seen HIPS kick in at all im years of using the system (I don't browse warez sites.... Anymore) I don't see a reason to disable them. Who knows there might be a rule in there that will affect the eset self defense system? Since eset is so light from the get go then what's the problem of having nice hips?

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
Hi just seen the latest real world tests, Eset 99.2 .avast 99.7 .
Eset gets 2 stars ,avast 3 stars .Really?
they both did very well and also Eset is better in performance.
Nothing against avast but 99 is 99.
The actual difference in protection capability between these products is so marginal that it can be ignored. They perform equally well in this test.

czesetfan

Level 3
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
There really is a new firewall. (y)

Not only does it allow you to set a rule for an app by location path, but it adds options: using a digital signature, an app name from the Microsoft Store, a service, and you can apply the rule to child processes.
And there's more, so whoever is in the mood will have a lot of fun setting up the firewall. :D

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
There really is a new firewall. (y)

Not only does it allow you to set a rule for an app by location path, but it adds options: using a digital signature, an app name from the Microsoft Store, a service, and you can apply the rule to child processes.
And there's more, so whoever is in the mood will have a lot of fun setting up the firewall. :D
I want to create a rule to ask user whether to open an application without a valid digital signature, but I find it's impossible in the new version of ESET...

czesetfan

Level 3
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
ESET is just releasing an updated 16.2.x product line: Download Internet Security with data encryption and antivirus | ESET

Version 16.2.11.0
New: Redesigned advanced setup Web and email section (new Protections section created)
New: Redesigned firewall
New: Onboarding wizard
Bugfixing and other improvements
- Updated: License expiration wording
- New: Uninstall survey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.