New Update ESET version 16.0.0

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
The time for the release of the new version 16.0.x products is approaching.
What do you think will be new, besides the classic "Other small changes and improvements" ? :unsure:;)
I think that the changes will be the following:

1) hips improved (slightly deeper registry scan for 10-15 keys), :oops:
2) ransomware protection improved (unfortunately, it is impossible to see the details of the improvement), :rolleyes:
3) small design changes (barely noticeable to the eye color changes), 🤨
4) information that the antivirus received some kind of award for the past year. 🤭

If you wanted smarter hips protection, anti-ransomware protection in terms of limited folder access or "rollback" technology and a dark theme, then forget it. 😡

cofer123

Level 2
Sep 7, 2021
I think that the changes will be the following:

1) hips improved (slightly deeper registry scan for 10-15 keys), :oops:
2) ransomware protection improved (unfortunately, it is impossible to see the details of the improvement), :rolleyes:
3) small design changes (barely noticeable to the eye color changes), 🤨
4) information that the antivirus received some kind of award for the past year. 🤭

If you wanted smarter hips protection, anti-ransomware protection in terms of limited folder access or "rollback" technology and a dark theme, then forget it. 😡
As long as they don't pull a Kaspersky and redo the entire UI, I'm not complaining. I like stuff that works to remain the same.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
The beta version of ESET 16 has already been released.
网页捕获_9-9-2022_131241_bbs.kafan.cn.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Well, I love their interface. It is minamilistic, but what they should improve, in my opinion, is the way they list the endless settings.
Outdated antivirus interface, it reminds me of the 2008 programs as I mentioned, ESET needs to innovate, in its look and in protection, the updates are always the same, nothing new under the hood, their protection system is the same as 10 years ago

Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
Outdated antivirus interface, it reminds me of the 2008 programs as I mentioned, ESET needs to innovate, in its look and in protection, the updates are always the same, nothing new under the hood, their protection system is the same as 10 years ago
Well, in my experience Eset delivers decent protection especially their web protection which is one of the best if not the best. It offers one of the best PUP detection among the big players. It is also very light on system resources.

czesetfan

Level 3
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
For me, the design fully suits me and I like it. :) However, the original "Advanced Settings" up to version 10 suited me better. But that's nostalgic history now. :cry:
If the HIPS and antiransomware options were improved (which is currently announced) it would definitely be another good step. (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.