New Update ESET version 16.0.0

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I thought it was awful, but that's just my personal opinion... not to mention that many features were copied from other AV's like Bitdefender's timeline 🙂
I agree. The current UI of Kaspersky is not nice. Its counter intuitive.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I don't understand why people are so closed to changes, but I respect. I liked the dark mode, in fact all programs should have the option to choose between a light or dark interface by default, and not the user having to request it through the forum. Eset already has great protection and can improve even more, so why not change the visual aspect a little too? I will always be in favor of changes in any program, you always have to innovate to stand out in the market, being stagnant at an idea is just going backwards.

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
I don't understand why people are so closed to changes, but I respect. I liked the dark mode, in fact all programs should have the option to choose between a light or dark interface by default, and not the user having to request it through the forum. Eset already has great protection and can improve even more, so why not change the visual aspect a little too? I will always be in favor of changes in any program, you always have to innovate to stand out in the market, being stagnant at an idea is just going backwards.
But if sth is functioning in a great way, why change that? I believe it is not always a good idea and follow the trend. Some vendors used to change the UI every year, but was that good? Eset's interface is minimalistic and it is very good in my opinion.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
But if sth is functioning in a great way, why change that? I believe it is not always a good idea and follow the trend. Some vendors used to change the UI every year, but was that good? Eset's interface is minimalistic and it is very good in my opinion.
But the market demands change, without change there is no progress. Programs change interfaces every year because they know it attracts new eyes, there will always be people wanting to try new things, I myself can't keep using a program that doesn't change, I'm always going to try new things, always open to new possibilities.

But I know what you mean, that if the program is good, you don't need to change it, but a change here, a change there, is always welcome as long as the protection remains the same or better. ;)

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
But the market demands change, without change there is no progress. Programs change interfaces every year because they know it attracts new eyes, there will always be people wanting to try new things, I myself can't keep using a program that doesn't change, I'm always going to try new things, always open to new possibilities.

But I know what you mean, that if the program is good, you don't need to change it, but a change here, a change there, is always welcome as long as the protection remains the same or better. ;)

Change for the sake of change is not a good thing, most UI reworks impacts the usability in a negative way; but some eye candy (like the new dark mode) is always welcome as long it doesnt hurt the functionality.

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Change for the sake of change is not a good thing, most UI reworks impacts the usability in a negative way; but some eye candy (like the new dark mode) is always welcome as long it doesnt hurt the functionality.
It's already started with little war, one attacking the other, eating my popcorn to see how far it goes :LOL::LOL:

Reactions: Mystic

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
The functionality of a product does not change with the addition of an option to make the interface light or dark, this is a simple thing to do. What I mean is that well-done changes are always welcome, whether in terms of protection or visuals.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
It has been officially launched. Just do a manual update and you'll get ESET 16 after a reboot.

屏幕截图 2022-10-18 220243.png

Gorgeous dark mode.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
It has been officially launched. Just do a manual update and you'll get ESET 16 after a reboot.

View attachment 270090

Gorgeous dark mode.
Damn, that's too bad that The Dark Mode only comes in Chinese! /s

on the serious note. I hate the whole change the release number because the year changes and not because there is a major overhaul or improvement that warrants a number increment.
Marketing:
"Ok so nothing needs to be done in the detection engine, all you need to do is change the UI a bit, add dark mode, change some terms associated with the program options and we can call it 16!"

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.