Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Well, let's go for a video test, guys !
I had to rest, but considering this beauty, my tester side took over...
Video from tomorrow !
:cool::cool::cool:

unknown.png

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Video from tomorrow !

unknown.png
I appreciate your effort, but I think the program just changed color, they didn't change anything from version 15, just a marketing ploy, protection remains the same, eset stopped innovating years ago :(

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
ok so now we have
LiveGrid
LiveGuard
and Proactive?

Wasn't the portion of not executing it until deemed safe a part of LiveGuard already? It seems like it's just an UI change.

I wonder what makes liveGuard different from ProActive.
Proactive protection is a protection mode provided by LiveGuard. When it is on, the files being analyzed by LiveGuard will be blocked from access. It is not a new feature of ESET 16. Actually I think we should call it Block Mode instead of Proactive Protection.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Inappropriate Behavior
Proactive protection is a protection mode provided by LiveGuard. When it is on, the files being analyzed by LiveGuard will be blocked from access. It is not a new feature of ESET 16. Actually I think we should call it Block Mode instead of Proactive Protection.

So basically so far this version brings nothing new besides a slight UI change and dark mode. Should this be really called a version 16? What's next? Version 17 will change ESET to lower case spelling and change MY ESet to My Eset Home?

This is as much innovation as Clorox Bleach now stating: "New!!!! Now Kills COVID virus". In reality it always did but now it says it.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
So basically so far this version brings nothing new besides a slight UI change and dark mode. Should this be really called a version 16? What's next? Version 17 will change ESET to lower case spelling and change MY ESet to My Eset Home?

This is as much innovation as Clorox Bleach now stating: "New!!!! Now Kills COVID virus". In reality it always did but now it says it.
Do not forget Intel Threat Detection Technology was also added to ESET 16. Besides, ESET 16 includes improvements regarding browser protection for safe online banking and payment. :)

czesetfan

Level 3
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
Proactive Protection has been part of 15.x for a long time. It's the part of Live Guard that blocks a file from running until the result of a Live Guard analysis is available.

Really new, besides the dark GUI, is Intel TDT support and, according to the change log, support for Secure browsers on ARM processors. That's how I see it so far.

Video from tomorrow !

unknown.png
If it's still up to date, would it be possible to introduce version 16 in more detail in the video? Show the different settings options to see if and what has actually changed?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I was tempted to try the free trial, but I balked at the "Enter your email" prompt and cancelled install.
Use this or similar alternative when you're trying out free trials of software that require email.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.