• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 77194
  • Start date

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
These cmds (sfc & DISM) are the bread & butter of entire MS forum (answers.microsoft.com), you ask literally anything there and this the answer most of the time.

User: "I can't turn on my PC"
MS forum Advisor: "Run sfc /scannow"

L

Local Host

Thread author
These cmds (sfc & DISM) are the bread & butter of entire MS forum (answers.microsoft.com), you ask literally anything there and this the answer most of the time.

User: "I can't turn on my PC"
MS forum Advisor: "Run sfc /scannow"
They a fine example of costumer support, you ask how to spread butter on bread, they'll answer by saying your car needs gas.

I sometimes question myself if everyone in that community has dyslexia.

The developer community is not much better either, unless you talking with someone who doesn't identify himself as Microsoft MVP.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
In this day and age no command line restore commands are needed.

plug in bootable USB stick with Marcrium Reflect on and click restore image(y)
Restoration is effective if the date and time when the problem occurred and the reason are clear.
DISM is not a restore, it's a match and fix. The more items you have, the more options you have.:D

Reactions: brambedkar59

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.