Last edited:

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Microsoft Chrome, i am using in built adblock with Kaspersky Anti Banner
Microsoft Chrome? You mean Edge? Edge doesn't have a built in adblocker, only tracking protection. Set tracking protection to strict in the Edge privacy settings and add either Adguard or UBlock extension to your browser. That should improve the result a lot.

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

100% on Firefox + umatrix, as expected
100% on Firefox + ublock, medium mode
100% on Brave (brave adblocker disabled) + ublock medium mode
98% on Brave android + AdGuard Android App
98% on Bromite + AdGuard Android App

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
100% on Firefox + umatrix, as expected
100% on Firefox + ublock, medium mode
100% on Brave (brave adblocker disabled) + ublock medium mode
98% on Brave android + AdGuard Android App
98% on Bromite + AdGuard Android App
I had umatrix installed but it was disabled.
I enabled it again and realized why I had it disabled, it breaks many sites.
All embed Youtube videos on this site stopped working with umatrix enable. :(
umatrix.jpg

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I enabled it again and realized why I had it disabled, it breaks many sites.
All embed Youtube videos on this site stopped working with umatrix enable. :(
View attachment 257441

That has nothing to do with Umatrix that has all to do with your inability to configure it. The word (noob) to me is a disgraceful word when it's use to describe a person inability to use a soft, I prefer this statement not well educated to handle it. Also Noscript gets 100% easy, I use Umatrix and nothing about this site gives me any trouble, Umatrix does not operate like Ublock Origin chalk and cheese. I strongly believe that a person must educate themselves before messing with Umatrix or Noscript because they need plenty human input first along with plenty trail and error, Then you will automatically catch on after time on what need to be allowed for smooth operation. So if you are new to these two extensions please err on the side of caution, I get 100% with both Umatrix and Ublock Origin and yet still on MalwareTips forum i have no issues period. So to reiterate the problem is your config not Umatrix.
Getting 100% is also tricky for people that don't understand these products Example:Facebook and Twitter is block with mine on that page but i can go to the Twitter site without problem or Facebook it all have to do with if your are blocking it globally, Domain or by site,think of everything i said and then you'll get it.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Now it seems just like bragging, and it helps nobody...
[/QUOTE]
First I have great respect for you, other people got 100% with Ublock origin and you didn't post what you post to me to no one else, I knew about this site from wilders came here and see it and didn't even posted anything from early, also i was not bragging cause it's nothing to brag about. µBlock, a lean and fast blocker So just for you I'll post my images:

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    56.2 KB · Views: 350
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    57.3 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Both Umatrix and Ublock Origin Results. And I'm using firefox as always. To Gandalf_The_Grey I don't post my filter list anymore because I get frustrated when people try to tell me what filters to use or the list is too long or over-lapping under-lapping, I just want folks to know I use what works for me I care nothing about what other people use that's their business.

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
My fantastic banking/financial browser: Microsoft Edge:

edge content blocking ghacks.PNG

All default filters loaded in AdGuard Desktop, except Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking List. Strict Tracking Protection enabled. The ones Edge missed were Yandex and Pinterest plus the two error trackers, whatever that means. My browsing experience is nowhere near inhibited so not a big deal.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
My fantastic banking/financial browser: Microsoft Edge:

All default filters loaded in AdGuard Desktop, except Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking List. Strict Tracking Protection enabled. The ones Edge missed were Yandex and Pinterest plus the two error trackers, whatever that means. My browsing experience is nowhere near inhibited so not a big deal.
new URL-Tracking filter not enabled in Adguard Windows? It replaces the option in the stealth settings.

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

First I have great respect for you, other people got 100% with Ublock origin and you didn't post what you post to me to no one else, I knew about this site from wilders came here and see it and didn't even posted anything from early, also i was not bragging cause it's nothing to brag about. So just for you I'll post my images:
You are using uBlock Hard mode 👍. I somehow got 100% with ublock easy mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    77.1 KB · Views: 352

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Can you tell us how you accomplished 100% with uBlock Origin?
What filters and what settings do you use?
Now it seems just like bragging, and it helps nobody...
very simple. There are a few ways to get 100%
1/ medium mode, hard mode, umatrix, noscript,... => cheating -> doesn't count
2/ stevenblack + energized blue go (only these 2 are enough, no others)
3/ energized blue go + easylist + easyprivacy
4/ Stevenblack + easyprivacy + Extremely Condensed Adblocking List

1.PNG2.PNG

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.