EXE Radar Pro v4 (Beta)

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
I notice a slowdown when using it inside a VM or on Production PC compared to not using it. Again, it could be due to running Bitdefender with it.
Sorry for being pedantic but I think you wrongly used the term bloatware. Normally, bloatware is used to define software that have bunch of unnecessary features. Bloatware doesn't always mean it causes slowdown or resource hungry. Maybe that's why people here confused when you call VS as massive bloatware.

Michyon

Level 2
Verified
May 18, 2018
Sorry for being pedantic but I think you wrongly used the term bloatware. Normally, bloatware is used to define software that have bunch of unnecessary features. Bloatware doesn't always mean it causes slowdown or resource hungry. Maybe that's why people here confused when you call VS as massive bloatware.

Fair enough, i would edit the post but too much time has passed.

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
Here is a new v4.0 (pre-release) test28:
https://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/exe_radar_pro_4_setup_test28.exe

*** Please do not share the download link, we will delete it when we'll release the official v4 ***

Build 28
+ Removed the dot "." on "Remember this action" on Alert Dialog
+ Fixed By default the option "Delete .log files older than 15 days" should be unchecked
+ Fixed exporting/importing of Trusted Vendors List with vendors that have unicode chars
+ Fixed "Block Processes Executed from USB Devices/AutoRun.inf" shouldn't follow trusted vendors and vulnuerable processes rules
+ Total number of rules is now shown also in Home tab
+ The first time ERP is executed it will auto-scan running processes for valid signers and add them to Trusted Vendors List if not present
+ Show the warning "Expression not valid" only after the button "Save" in "Rule Editor" is clicked (before it was shown also on "Save" button in "Expression Builder")
+ You can now select how many rules have per page on Rules tab: 50 (Default), 100, 200
+ Show "Actions" in order of precedence on the combobox: "Exclude", "Ask", "Deny", "Allow" (on Rules tab "All" is added as first)
+ Improved "Allow Known Safe Process Behaviors"
+ Minor fixes and improvements

To install it, first uninstall the previous build, then reboot (not really needed but may help), and install the new build.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Can anyone please tell me which of the many NVT products is the best overall product,there is so many,best choices anyone? Thanks

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Can anyone please tell me which of the many NVT products is the best overall product,there is so many,best choices anyone? Thanks
Easier to use is OSA, best protection is ERP.

PS ALL backup your trusted vendors before you update as it deletes everything from the list and leaves it empty.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
What's the difference between Exclude and allow for non-vulnerable processes? what will happen if I change this to allow?
I pressed allow but ERP added a exclude rule.why is that?:notworthy:

Attachments

• rule 1.PNG
    rule 1.PNG
    5.6 KB · Views: 825
Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo and stefanos

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
What's the difference between Exclude and allow for non-vulnerable processes? what will happen if I change this to allow?
I pressed allow but ERP added a exclude rule.why is that?:notworthy:
AFAIK, "exclude" is stronger, it can override an "ask" rule. But "allow" cannot override an "ask" rule. In ERP 4, vulnerable processes are the processes that have an "ask" rule. (Actually, some of them have a "block" rule, but I don't think that is not relevant to your question.)
So, AFAIK, both exclude and allow will let a normal process run. But only exclude will work if there is an "ask" rule.
If ERP changed allow to exclude, it is because ERP is smart, it knows that allow won't work, but exclude will work.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
it can override an "ask" rule. But "allow" cannot override an "ask" rule.
Thanks for the answer.
I know but it's only useful for a vulnerable process like CMD.
But only exclude will work if there is an "ask" rule.
exactly but in my case its just snipping tool(it's not vulnerable process )so ERP should set an allow rule and not exclude because it's so confusing.
still, I don't understand why ERP set exclude rule(by default when you press allow) for not vulnerable processes (those that don't have an ask rule and never been in rules list)

Reactions: AtlBo and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks for the answer.
I know but it's only useful for a vulnerable process like CMD.

exactly but in my case its just snipping tool(it's not vulnerable process )so ERP should set an allow rule and not exclude because it's so confusing.
still, I don't understand why ERP set exclude rule(by default when you press allow) for not vulnerable processes (those that don't have an ask rule and never been in rules list)
If you are getting prompts for snipping tool, then you changed ERP default settings. Please tell us your custom settings, and do you already have a custom rule in your data base that somehow applies to snipping tool?

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I want Wise disk cleaner to run all commands but not this:
Wise Disk Cleaner\WiseDiskCleaner.exe" $UAC
when I choose this command and press block then ERP block WDC from running.
with Eset hips, i could say ok WDC you are allowed to do whatever you want but you are not allowed to run this command.
is there any way to achieve this with ERP and without blocking WDC itself?
NoVirusThanks Can you pls do smth for this issue? maybe I want to allow some commands but block some other commands?:notworthy:

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I want Wise disk cleaner to run all commands but not this:
Wise Disk Cleaner\WiseDiskCleaner.exe" $UAC
when I choose this command and press block then ERP block WDC from running.
with Eset hips, i could say ok WDC you are allowed to do whatever you want but you are not allowed to run this command.
is there any way to achieve this with ERP and without blocking WDC itself?
NoVirusThanks Can you pls do smth for this issue? maybe I want to allow some commands but block some other commands?:notworthy:
It has nothing to do with ERP. Their product is so terrible it doesn't launch without using schtasks as a parent. To see that just disable the task from task scheduler and their application will stop being able to run. Really terrible design they made there.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.