Troubleshoot Explorer.exe is not a valid win32 application. Please help!!!

CycloneTutorials

Thread author
May 19, 2011
The other day I was scanning my PC and removing my threats, after I removed then and I rebooted. The next day and I was copying my files to my USB and shut downed my PC.

The next day when I rebooted it, the whole PC went black, I can't see anything, task bar, explorer, my computers, icons etc. And when I open Task Manager and type explorer.exe it says "explorer.exe is not a valid win32 application". Can anyone help me with this? I went to repair my PC using Windows 7 DVD but the results were the same. I googled it about the help but no similar results found. Does anyone know how to fix it? I think my explorer.exe is corrupted, how do I get a fresh new explorer.exe?

I tried to system restore but it said no restore points found.

The only thing I use to open firefox, games etc is Task Manager > CMD. I can't open any folders or file, I have to go to the directory in CMD and run it.

Thank You.
P.S. I have posted this post on every security forum, MalwareTips is my last hope.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Why not to reformat?
you have Ext. HD ,right?
even you never or ever do image for your windows 7.
format it ,it will save your time.

cheers.

Upvote 0

CycloneTutorials

Thread author
May 19, 2011
bogdan said:
Maybe sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\explorer.exe helps?
You can recover certain files from the Windows DVD but the process is long. Link.

I scanned it but it said "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." How to fix it?

Upvote 0

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Your version of Windows and the architecture please?

Please check the users profile information.

http://malwaretips.com/User-CycloneTutorials

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
This happened to me a lot of times because I changed the start orb. But in your case it looks like a virus. But I hope the solution which I will give to you works.

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
CT, Please Download this file: http://download1372.mediafire.com/5s3o7i3xiahg/1cf8u56agdiedlg/Explorer.exe+file+%28Windows+7+Professional+64-bit%29.zip
We were lucky to have the Same OS, but is yours SP1???

Upvote 0

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
if probably true cause lots change windows themes, that's why; i don't need change it.
original is more better and not make a pain, that's take a lot time ,for copy and paste new files for themes.

Upvote 0

CycloneTutorials

Thread author
May 19, 2011
CT, Please Download this file: http://download1372.mediafire.com/5s3o7i3xiahg/1cf8u56agdiedlg/Explorer.exe+file+%28Windows+7+Professional+64-bit%29.zip

Yes. Its SP1. I replaced it but it was the same.

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
CycloneTutorials said:

Yes. Its SP1. I replaced it but it was the same.

I think that a registry value may be corrupted, I don't know. Please try to post your problem here: www.askvg.com/frequently-asked-problems-with-solutions/

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.