On Sale! F‑Secure TOTAL Full Online Protection

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://campaigns.f-secure.com/total/pm/us-en/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=fb+switch+q122
How to get a license
Buy F‑Secure TOTAL

Select how many months of subscription you have left from another vendor:

Free support
30-day money-back guarantee
Available for PC, Mac, Android and iOS
Secure payment
*Discounted price for the first purchase only. Cannot be combined with other offers. All prices include VAT. Cleverbridge AG is the F‑Secure reseller and your partner for all purchases in this store.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
My Fsecure trial just expired, I am back to using defender, currently awaiting Black Friday sales. Last year I was able to score a ESET Premium for $5/year/3pc's
...and was using Defender with DefenderUI before trying F-Secure. :giggle: Defender had been working aok+++ for me. So far F-Secure is not outshining Defender in my limited experience. (my other pc has ESET SS Premium), ie, F-Secure is not clearly or obviously better than Defender (but it might be?, no opinion yet)

Reactions: Digmor Crusher

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
...and was using Defender with DefenderUI before trying F-Secure. :giggle: Defender had been working aok+++ for me. So far F-Secure is not outshining Defender in my limited experience. (my other pc has ESET SS Premium), ie, F-Secure is not clearly or obviously better than Defender (but it might be?, no opinion yet)
The only reason I started using F-Secure is due to the heavy resource usage of Defender. The Laptop I am using F-Secure on is very under powered piece of GFE so I need to suck as much resources out of it whilst still maintaining security compliance. I discovered that F-Secure actually sped up my laptop (vs Defender).

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
The only reason I started using F-Secure is due to the heavy resource usage of Defender. The Laptop I am using F-Secure on is very under powered piece of GFE so I need to suck as much resources out of it whilst still maintaining security compliance. I discovered that F-Secure actually sped up my laptop (vs Defender).
I have heard that is the case, ie, that Defender is heavy and slow, I never had a reason to look closely at Defender's resource usage as it did not feel slow or a weight on my system, & so far F-Secure doesn't feel lighter or faster, but it might be, too early for me to tell. Purely my experience on this pc. I would like to (& hope to) experience F-Secure benefits.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
I have heard that is the case, ie, that Defender is heavy and slow, I never had a reason to look closely at Defender's resource usage as it did not feel slow or a weight on my system, & so far F-Secure doesn't feel lighter or faster, but it might be, too early for me to tell. Purely my experience on this pc. I would like to (& hope to) experience F-Secure benefits.
Yeah for me it was running PowerBi and querying a SQL database would just drag the laptop to it's knees...it would take honestly a full minute to update the PowerBI UI with the data. Now with F-Secure it's about half that time. It's still slow but more manageable.

Bushman

Level 2
Verified
Sep 9, 2017
imo F Secure's advantages over Defender are:

Way better gui, easier to find and change settings
Banking protection ( for what its worth)
Updates are much faster
Better customer support
As for customer support, I doubt it. For my part, I had a very bad experience with F Secure compared to F Sense. On this point of support, there is much better elsewhere, especially at Emsisoft.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
As for customer support, I doubt it. For my part, I had a very bad experience with F Secure compared to F Sense. On this point of support, there is much better elsewhere, especially at Emsisoft.
I've dealt with F Secure's customer support once and it was a positive experience. I've never dealt with Microsoft support but just from reading other peoples posts it seems like a agonizing chore.
I wasn't saying F Secures support is the best in the business, just better than Microsoft's. I agree Emsisoft support was superb at one time, I think its gone downhill recently since the closure of their support forum.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah for me it was running PowerBi and querying a SQL database would just drag the laptop to it's knees...it would take honestly a full minute to update the PowerBI UI with the data. Now with F-Secure it's about half that time. It's still slow but more manageable.
...and every day I'm warming up to FS more & more. Read some reports in testing area here too :D

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
PS to the above: I just purchased a small item online, and F-Secure "realized" that's what I was doing and I got a popup that its banking protection feature was activated and providing even more protection. I sorta liked that (I think). My first "alert" from FS. || I realize you have to take the tests from av-comparatives and others with grain of salt, but I would like to see F-Secure performance test there, ie, how heavy / light it is relative to the others being tested. Meanwhile on my pc is is feeling light. I even feel secure :oops:

Reactions: Oldie1950

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
I've dealt with F Secure's customer support once and it was a positive experience. I've never dealt with Microsoft support but just from reading other peoples posts it seems like a agonizing chore.
I wasn't saying F Secures support is the best in the business, just better than Microsoft's. I agree Emsisoft support was superb at one time, I think its gone downhill recently since the closure of their support forum.
It's a pity that the Emsisoft support forum has been closed. However, I have had very good experiences with the support for the business version of EAM so far. The response to my questions and problems was very quick and friendly.

Reactions: simmerskool

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
PS to the above: I just purchased a small item online, and F-Secure "realized" that's what I was doing and I got a popup that its banking protection feature was activated and providing even more protection. I sorta liked that (I think). My first "alert" from FS. || I realize you have to take the tests from av-comparatives and others with grain of salt, but I would like to see F-Secure performance test there, ie, how heavy / light it is relative to the others being tested. Meanwhile on my pc is is feeling light. I even feel secure :oops:
It shouldn't matter what the tests show as to what AV is heavier/lighter. Its highly unlikely that the computer they do the tests on have the same specs and same programs installed as your computer. Every computer is different. Only you can determine which is heavy/light on your rig.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It shouldn't matter what the tests show as to what AV is heavier/lighter. Its highly unlikely that the computer they do the tests on have the same specs and same programs installed as your computer. Every computer is different. Only you can determine which is heavy/light on your rig.
good point, thanks.

Reactions: Digmor Crusher

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
It's a pity that the Emsisoft support forum has been closed. However, I have had very good experiences with the support for the business version of EAM so far. The response to my questions and problems was very quick and friendly.
I used EAM for 4 years and visited their forum frequently, I also had no issues and agree that their support was superior at one time. imo it went downhill when they started focusing on business consumers and launched their stupid console for home users.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.