Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Quote: "

Version 18.3 (4.80.1649)​

Released
April 2022

Account information and device name visible in the main user interface
  • The account name, email address and device name are visible in the main user interface. This makes it easier to recognize the account and device being used.
  • The information is automatically updated once it's changed in the My F-Secure portal.
Manual virus scan dialog improvementsThe manual virus scan dialog has been enhanced in the following ways:
  • You can now resize the virus scan dialog.
  • The Items found view shows a short summary of the findings.
  • Items are sorted by infection type: "Harmful files", "Unwanted applications", and "Potentially unwanted applications".
  • The default action can be overridden for all items of the same infection type with one click instead of one by one.
Other improvements
  • Family Rules / Parental Control supports a new content filter category: "Streaming media".
  • The Viruses & Threats and Secure Browsing & Banking views show more detailed scanning and detection statistics.
  • You can manually reset the reputation cache through the product Settings > Support view. You can clear the reputation cache once a false file or website reputation information has been fixed in the Security Cloud. This ensures that you have the latest file and reputation information in use.
  • The WebView2 console debugger is a useful new feature when our support needs to find more information about issues with embedded web views. You can find the WebView2 console debugger option in the product Settings > Support view. To be able to see this option, you need to enable the debug logging first.
  • Software rendering option in the system tray menu. This option can be used if there are rendering issues with the user interface. To see this option in the product's system tray menu, press and hold the shift key while you right-click the product's system tray icon. "

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Quote: "

Version 18.3 (4.80.1649)​

Released
April 2022

Account information and device name visible in the main user interface
  • The account name, email address and device name are visible in the main user interface. This makes it easier to recognize the account and device being used.
  • The information is automatically updated once it's changed in the My F-Secure portal.
Manual virus scan dialog improvementsThe manual virus scan dialog has been enhanced in the following ways:
  • You can now resize the virus scan dialog.
  • The Items found view shows a short summary of the findings.
  • Items are sorted by infection type: "Harmful files", "Unwanted applications", and "Potentially unwanted applications".
  • The default action can be overridden for all items of the same infection type with one click instead of one by one.
Other improvements
  • Family Rules / Parental Control supports a new content filter category: "Streaming media".
  • The Viruses & Threats and Secure Browsing & Banking views show more detailed scanning and detection statistics.
  • You can manually reset the reputation cache through the product Settings > Support view. You can clear the reputation cache once a false file or website reputation information has been fixed in the Security Cloud. This ensures that you have the latest file and reputation information in use.
  • The WebView2 console debugger is a useful new feature when our support needs to find more information about issues with embedded web views. You can find the WebView2 console debugger option in the product Settings > Support view. To be able to see this option, you need to enable the debug logging first.
  • Software rendering option in the system tray menu. This option can be used if there are rendering issues with the user interface. To see this option in the product's system tray menu, press and hold the shift key while you right-click the product's system tray icon. "
Thanks for the info, I am up and running 18.3 :)

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
When I watched the latest video from member @Shadowra , my eyes caught a bit weird possible graphical issue on F-Secures url/link block page.

2022-07-31_16-33-48.jpg

2022-07-31_16-35-08.jpg

In dark mode the sharks fin automatic gone missing. No wonder as it's black. I'll try to send a report about it tomorrow, but not sure it will get a fix before version 18.4.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
When I watched the latest video from member @Shadowra , my eyes caught a bit weird possible graphical issue on F-Secures url/link block page.

In dark mode the sharks fin automatic gone missing. No wonder as it's black. I'll try to send a report about it tomorrow, but not sure it will get a fix before version 18.4.
F-Secure add-ons are also invisible in dark mode. It may be a stealth feature.:)⚪⚫
キャプチャ2.PNG

キャプチャ.PNG

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I think everyone probably noticed, but I guess they didn't care because it was a trivial matter.:):coffee:
I agree, but over time with more and more of the same or similar, it sooner or later will start look sloppy.

The report is now sent to their R&D team, but I don't expect any quick fix.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.