Staff member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Quote: "

Version 18.4 (4.90.1143)​

Released August 2022

Integrated Password Vault
  • You can access your passwords from the product's main user interface.
  • If you have the standalone ID PROTECTION product installed, you are given the opportunity to migrate your passwords to the integrated Password Vault.
  • If you do the migration, the standalone ID PROTECTION product will continue being fully functional. However, if you wish, you can then uninstall the standalone ID PROTECTION product.
  • Note that the password manager browser extension can be configured to access passwords only from one product at a time.
Third-party AV products are no longer removed automatically
  • The automatic removal of conflicting 3rd-party AV products has been removed from the product installation.
  • You will be warned about existing 3rd-party AV products in the product main user interface via a smart task. This also happens if you afterwards install a 3rd-party AV product on the computer.
Other improvements
  • DeepGuard no longer blocks certain Steam games. You are no longer required to exclude Steam games from scanning or turn off DeepGuard to run them.
  • A smart task warning let's you know if Tamper protection is turned off.
  • Time lock screens support dark mode. "

Shadowra

Level 22
Verified
Top poster
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
F-Secure... One of the only ones I know that listens to its users and improves with each new version... That's why I renewed my license with them for my personal computer!

I never had the DeepGuard problem with Steam, but a friend (we share the license together) already had this problem, and creating exceptions when you have a lot of games, it's long... Hopefully this will be fixed.

By the way, F-Secure will also fix the shark problem on the blocking page in Dark Mode?

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I never had the DeepGuard problem with Steam, but a friend (we share the license together) already had this problem, and creating exceptions when you have a lot of games, it's long... Hopefully this will be fixed.

By the way, F-Secure will also fix the shark problem on the blocking page in Dark Mode?
Any issues with Steam exceptions is highly recommended contact their support. Extra when that's a specific release note in 18.4.

Glad to report back that yes, both the shark fin graphical issue and even the extension in Firefox was solved with version 18.4. Confirmed:

2022-08-06_07-43-34.jpg

Numeriku

Level 2
Mar 13, 2022

franz

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
F-Secure... One of the only ones I know that listens to its users and improves with each new version... That's why I renewed my license with them for my personal computer!

Do you use WiseVector StopX with f-secure? :unsure: