Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Quote: "

Version 18.4 (4.90.1143)​

Released August 2022

Integrated Password Vault
  • You can access your passwords from the product's main user interface.
  • If you have the standalone ID PROTECTION product installed, you are given the opportunity to migrate your passwords to the integrated Password Vault.
  • If you do the migration, the standalone ID PROTECTION product will continue being fully functional. However, if you wish, you can then uninstall the standalone ID PROTECTION product.
  • Note that the password manager browser extension can be configured to access passwords only from one product at a time.
Third-party AV products are no longer removed automatically
  • The automatic removal of conflicting 3rd-party AV products has been removed from the product installation.
  • You will be warned about existing 3rd-party AV products in the product main user interface via a smart task. This also happens if you afterwards install a 3rd-party AV product on the computer.
Other improvements
  • DeepGuard no longer blocks certain Steam games. You are no longer required to exclude Steam games from scanning or turn off DeepGuard to run them.
  • A smart task warning let's you know if Tamper protection is turned off.
  • Time lock screens support dark mode. "

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
F-Secure... One of the only ones I know that listens to its users and improves with each new version... That's why I renewed my license with them for my personal computer!

I never had the DeepGuard problem with Steam, but a friend (we share the license together) already had this problem, and creating exceptions when you have a lot of games, it's long... Hopefully this will be fixed.

By the way, F-Secure will also fix the shark problem on the blocking page in Dark Mode?

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I never had the DeepGuard problem with Steam, but a friend (we share the license together) already had this problem, and creating exceptions when you have a lot of games, it's long... Hopefully this will be fixed.

By the way, F-Secure will also fix the shark problem on the blocking page in Dark Mode?
Any issues with Steam exceptions is highly recommended contact their support. Extra when that's a specific release note in 18.4.

Glad to report back that yes, both the shark fin graphical issue and even the extension in Firefox was solved with version 18.4. Confirmed:

2022-08-06_07-43-34.jpg

Numeriku

Level 2
Verified
Mar 13, 2022

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
F-Secure... One of the only ones I know that listens to its users and improves with each new version... That's why I renewed my license with them for my personal computer!

Do you use WiseVector StopX with f-secure? :unsure:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.