Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
The 19.1 Release Notes:

"

Version 19.1​

Released June 2023

New features
  • Viruses & Threats
    • A manual scan can now be paused and resumed.
    • If a scheduled scan is missed, for example when the device is turned off at the scheduled time, it will be executed as soon as the device is turned on again. The scan is rescheduled for the earliest available time after the device is turned back on.
    • A scheduled scan waits for the gaming mode to end before starting. If the gaming mode activates during a scheduled scan, the scan will be paused and resumed as soon as the gaming mode ends.
  • Secure Browsing
    • The Browsing Protection extensions on all supported browsers (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox) have been unified, and they work the same way.
  • Password Vault
    • Password Vault is now available also for child profiles.
    • New Vault users are forced to use a strong master password. The same applies when existing users change their master password. The minimum length of a master password is now 12 characters.
    • You can now select multiple Vault entries and delete them in one batch.
    • We have improved Vault's usability. For example, if Vault is still empty, its landing page shows Add new password or Import passwords options.
  • Privacy VPN
    • The VPN bypass feature added. The selected applications can bypass Privacy VPN and connect to the internet directly. This is supported from 64-bit Windows 10, version 20H2 (build 19042), onwards.
    • Information about virtual locations added to the Privacy VPN view.
    • Statistics on protected internet traffic and blocked tracking cookies added to the Privacy VPN view.
    • A notification is shown to the user, e.g. when the user closes the app with VPN turned on.
  • Smart tasks
    • Smart tasks added for both new and existing Password Vault users.
    • Added smart tasks for enabling VPN, for captive portal detection, and for cases where the free VPN trial period has already been used.
    • A smart task asking the user to log in added.
    • The priority of smart tasks has been updated. Also, the smart task texts have been updated.
  • General improvements
    • The Account menu has been updated. It now contains information about the license inside the menu and a link to manage the account. The main view no longer has information about the subscription validity.
    • The Subscription page has been updated. It now only contains a button to renew the subscription. The button to manage the account has been moved to the Account menu.
    • Update delivery and signing system have been updated.
Fixed issues:
  • The issue with the command line scanner not working without elevation has been fixed.
  • Localization issues in the Password Vault settings and the Privacy VPN view have been fixed.
  • The issue where the main UI popped up with a smart task while gaming has been resolved.
Removed features:
  • Support for Windows 7. Installation and updates are blocked on Windows 7.
  • Proxy configuration in Settings. Product now automatically uses Windows proxy if it is set up. "

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I started my win10_VM with F-Secure 19.0 installed (and has been running great) connected the FS vpn to Helsinki and clicked check for updates, and it appeared to update to 19.1, so far so good. FS closed and reopened automatically, no input from me. But the main FS screen says Login to enable all features, but I appear to be logged in as it does show my subscription is valid until October 2023, which is correct. If I am logged in why is it telling me to login to enable all features? :unsure: AND then I login (again?) and it says "Who should this device be setup for?" and there are 2 options: My Device with my name BUT grayed out ie not selectable, and My Child's Device is already automatically selected. I am the only user of FS here, never mentioned a child to anyone at FS. Apparently I cannot select My Device because "You cannot select a profile that is already in use on this device." So this is annoying. Such a good av that updates itself in such an awkward manor. Apparently I am logged in, my device, so why is FS telling me to login to enable all features and what feature(s) am I not getting that I have paid for. Unnecessarily confusing... o_O Last thing I needed on a Friday night.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It seems like you are experiencing issues with the F-Secure 19.1 update. You may try logging out and logging back in to see if that resolves the issue with the "Login to enable all features" message. As for the issue with the "Who should this device be setup for?" message, it could be a bug in the update. You may want to contact F-Secure Support for assistance in resolving these issues.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It seems like you are experiencing issues with the F-Secure 19.1 update. You may try logging out and logging back in to see if that resolves the issue with the "Login to enable all features" message. As for the issue with the "Who should this device be setup for?" message, it could be a bug in the update. You may want to contact F-Secure Support for assistance in resolving these issues.
of course doubt support is available over the weekend.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
of course doubt support is available over the weekend.
You are correct, F-Secure Support may not be available over the weekend. However, you may still try contacting them via email or through their online support forum. They may be able to assist you remotely or provide some advice on how to resolve the issues you are experiencing. Additionally, you can check F-Secure's online documentation or community forums for any known issues with the 19.1 update and how to resolve them.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
You are correct, F-Secure Support may not be available over the weekend. However, you may still try contacting them via email or through their online support forum. They may be able to assist you remotely or provide some advice on how to resolve the issues you are experiencing. Additionally, you can check F-Secure's online documentation or community forums for any known issues with the 19.1 update and how to resolve them.
hopefully, someone at MT will have some insight this unless unique to me so far.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
hopefully, someone at MT will have some insight this unless unique to me so far.
It's possible that other users on the MT forum may have experienced similar issues with the F-Secure 19.1 update and may be able to share their insights and solutions. You can try posting your issue on the forum and see if others can assist you with troubleshooting the problem.

Reactions: upnorth

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Login to fsecure account via a browser, select the devices one by one, release licence, then login from your installed software.
but why would I do that. I am NOT trying to install FS on a new device. I don't understand your post (no offense). I am logged in on this device. but I see
1687571882742.png

I merely updated 19.0 to 19.1 on this device. I am not adding anything new. Not a new user, not a new device. And I did just login from a browser and my account is good, etc. I remain "confused."

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Screenshot from 2023-06-24 11-32-11.png

What i intended to convey is to login to your account using a browser and release the license of your machine as shown above and then re add your pc. The update might have corrupted your license somehow, if this doesn't fix your issue you might have to reinstall the application.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
connected the FS vpn to Helsinki and clicked check for updates
That's what caught my eyes/attention, because you shouldn't need to. Personal I use a server in the Netherlands without any issues even after the update to version 19.1, but I do recall they did seem to have some weird account issues with the latest Beta version. :unsure:

Still, reboot your machine if you haven't already and then try to log in again. If that don't help, follow the advices from member @Brahman .
Releasing a license from a device does not uninstall the security app from the device. To uninstall the app, you have to do it manually from the device.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
View attachment 276455
What i intended to convey is to login to your account using a browser and release the license of your machine as shown above and then re add your pc. The update might have corrupted your license somehow, if this doesn't fix your issue you might have to reinstall the application.
ok, yes, that could be, but not my first choice of solutions. When I login with browser, my account / device are green "protected"

Reactions: Nevi and Szellem

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
issue fixed :) I was able to chat with FS support and I gave him access to my desktop :cautious: he could see the mismash on the FS app main screen. So we logged out, (I had been reluctant to do that on my own as I did not know what would happen next, eg, would I have to reinstall...:unsure:) but I only had to login after logging out and FS correctly identified me and my account, and all is protected. I am left with 2 questions: why did this happen, apps update regularly and this should NOT be an issue, AND since I gave FS support online access with a logmein exe, what remnants are left on my system, if any, it was not registered on system as a program, so nothing to unisntall, and I did delete the exe, but perhaps some related dll are remaining. Anyone know about this? :unsure:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
issue fixed :) I was able to chat with FS support and I gave him access to my desktop :cautious: he could see the mismash on the FS app main screen. So we logged out, (I had been reluctant to do that on my own as I did not know what would happen next, eg, would I have to reinstall...:unsure:) but I only had to login after logging out and FS correctly identified me and my account, and all is protected.
Glad to hear, and also glad to hear you was able to get in touch with their chat support on a Saturday. It's their phone support that's restricted for business hours Monday to Friday.

I am left with 2 questions: why did this happen, apps update regularly and this should NOT be an issue, AND since I gave FS support online access with a logmein exe, what remnants are left on my system, if any, it was not registered on system as a program, so nothing to unisntall, and I did delete the exe, but perhaps some related dll are remaining. Anyone know about this? :unsure:
If you want to be better sure, I would suggest you try contact the support again, but this time send them the FSDIAG support tool file. Personal I would worry less for any remnants, and extra if this actually was done in my VM.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Anyone else still stuck on 19.0 or just me?
Does it help to press/click the " Check now " button once or twice? :unsure: See if it downloads or you already have the latest Oneclient SAFE 5.2.2668.

You should also be able to download the package installer from My F-Secure, but you have to remember release the license first.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I used Finland vpn location and manual check for updates and it loaded right away
Didn't work for me.

Does it help to press/click the " Check now " button once or twice?
Yes, I tried checking manually by pressing "Check now" many times.

See if it downloads or you already have the latest Oneclient SAFE 5.2.2668.
Idk what that is. Are you talking about the online installer?

You should also be able to download the package installer from My F-Secure, but you have to remember release the license first.
Do I have to uninstall the original installation, or it would detect it automatically and then update?

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@simmerskool do you think connecting and updating through the Finland server threw F Secure off a bit, as far as who you were and the now "new" location of your device?
All my 4 PCs were updated without a hitch, I did the right-click manual update I believe on all of them. I'm about to install it on a 5th PC, so I'll let you know if I have any issues.
By the way, I thought your update through the Finland server was a pretty good idea (y)

I wonder if they have staged roll-outs like BD? I could just be one of those things, like upnorth mentioned.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.