F secure and new Microsoft edge.

Bryan320

Level 8
Thread author
Oct 11, 2019
when testing F secure i thought i was going crazy but now i feel like an idiot..... F secure began detecting files it would not delete this never happened with the old version of edge.....What i actually discovered was the new microsoft edge saves files without deleting them in the download history. F secure was detecting the files in the download history... after deleting the history of downloads in edge F secure no longer reported malicious files. I really think this may help someone in the future that is confused to what is going on so what do you think??? is it an F secure issue or a microsoft edge issue? or both?

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Interesting, but can't really help as I don't even have the latest Edge. I'm still waiting on it's automatic installation.

My best advice is to reach out to the official support and also create a report in advance with the built-in support tool. That will normally speed up the help.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Several reasons why.

I'm curious how well or not Windows will handle the replacement procedure. Then on the other hand I'm not curious enough on this new version as I already know it won't be used as the main/default browser on my system anyway.

I see! We share some opinions :) Anyway Firefox is my default browser. I also like Opera. I stopped using Chrome long ago and I don't have faith the new Edge.

• Wow
Reactions: Cortex and upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.