Advice Request F-secure Has A Problem with Banking Protection Right Now

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
We have identified an issue where banking protection is preventing login to online banks and to sites such as OmaVero that requires banking authentication on Windows. Those pages are still accessible if banking protection is turned off. We are investigating the issue with high priority.

This does not impact the protection of devices.
Apr 14, 2023 - 10:43 UTC

The incident subscription worked.

franz

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Finally it works. Lets hope it continues :)

Finally it works. Lets hope it continues :)
I was probably a little too fast. Still, not everything is as it should be. Sometimes I get in, other times not if I use f-secure with bank protection. If I switch off the bank protection, everything is fine, but then I don't have the extra protection. Looks like f-secure has a long way to go :(

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I just received this update in my email:

f secure banking.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.