Expired F-Secure SAFE - 6 months - 5 devices (including smartphone)

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo page
https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=4581
How to get a license
1. Go to the [URL='https://go.comss.ru/37WTC5l']promotion page[/URL]

2. Register by filling out a form -- include your first name, surname, email address and set your password. Click "Accept and create account" to create an account.

3. Confirm your registration by clicking on the link in the message that will come to your email.

4. On the [URL='https://mysafe.f-secure.com/']My F-Secure[/URL] account page in the lower drop-down menu, select your country to change the language.

5. Choose "Add Devices" to install protection on 5 of your devices, including Windows 7 and above, macOS, Android mobile devices, iPhone and iPad.

[ATTACH=full]243308[/ATTACH]
F

ForgottenSeer 78429

Here we go again, 2020 and we are still discussing meaningless things like RAM usage.

True, you don't need to worry about RAM unless you have 4GB RAM and running Windows 10. In case of 4GB RAM you have to check you browsing habits, don't open lots of tabs. My old laptop used to freez while opening 4-5 Tabs in chrome with bitdefender on system. But there was no impact on file copying and application launching, everything else which doesn't require much RAM was pretty fast.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
F-secure or ESET in lightness?

F-secure doesn't have a firewall, right?
No, it does not have its own firewall, as the image shows it links to Windows Firewall. I've been using the free version of SpyShelter to manage firewall settings and permissions for some time now and it works well, with hardly any drain on resources.

Attachments

• F-Secure  - 29.06.20.png
    F-Secure - 29.06.20.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 314

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
No, it does not have its own firewall, as the image shows it links to Windows Firewall. I've been using the free version of SpyShelter to manage firewall settings and permissions for some time now and it works well, with hardly any drain on resources.

Did you disable the system protection in SpyShelter?

Reactions: Cortex

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I wish they upgraded their UI. It's quite ugly for my choice and has some other things like not being able to remove all items from quarantine at once which I find a bit annoying. Also detection history can't be removed I think ( I could be wrong about this one but something similar to this). A very good AV but weak against script malwares mainly because Avira has quite awful signatures when it comes to scripts.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
@Stopspying Is right. F-Secure doesn't have its own firewall but it hardens the windows firewall. I think @upnorth and @MacDefender can give you more insight.
Correct, as one part it uses is what F-Secure internally named " Advanced network protection " ( ANP ) that is enabled by default and works even if Windows Firewall ( WF ) is turned off for any reason. It automatic makes it harder for certain malware.

gigi64

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
I wish they upgraded their UI. It's quite ugly for my choice and has some other things like not being able to remove all items from quarantine at once which I find a bit annoying. Also detection history can't be removed I think ( I could be wrong about this one but something similar to this). A very good AV but weak against script malwares mainly because Avira has quite awful signatures when it comes to scripts.

which antivirus is strong and lighter ?

Reactions: Cortex

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Here we go again, 2020 and we are still discussing meaningless things like RAM usage.

meaningless to you, but many can't afford to upgrade their systems. wouldn't it look odd for a guy driving his convertible down the street to be mocking people on the bus (or on a bicycle) for not buying a sports car like his? i mean, why ride a bus when you could drive a mercedes? same holds for those scoffing at people for not buying a more powerful computer. this is actually one of the main reasons why Linux exists.

• Thanks
Reactions: Cortex and gigi64

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
meaningless to you, but many can't afford to upgrade their systems. wouldn't it look odd for a guy driving his convertible down the street to be mocking people on the bus (or on a bicycle) for not buying a sports car like his? i mean, why ride a bus when you could drive a mercedes? same holds for those scoffing at people for not buying a more powerful computer. this is actually one of the main reasons why Linux exists.
It's important to realise that the only situation where RAM usage matters, is if your system does not have enough RAM installed. Many people don't understand that and think that RAM usage is an indication of how light an antivirus is, which is simply not the case. I use many different antiviruses and never check the RAM usage of any of them.

If you can't afford to upgrade your system, then RAM usage will matter to you. But having said that, you can buy used RAM for very little on eBay.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017

both have a strong protection and good performance without brakes.
I see the advantage in eset...the basic antivirus Nod32 offers a web protection too,
f-secure only in the higher priced internet security

Is it lighter than McAfee?

Trouble with the Total Protection of Mcafee maybe? Try the Antivirus plus version....amazing lightness

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
ESET does a better job scanning scripts with signatures.... but scanning scriptors is pretty darn hard, the problem is Avira/F-Secure seem like they more or less give up on even trying. Note that it looks like VBS scanning is pretty decent but batch and JS scriptors don’t have to try very hard to evade F-Secure detection.
With that said, most security conscious users simply don’t execute script malware and scripts are pretty easy to identify.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
It's important to realise that the only situation where RAM usage matters, is if your system does not have enough RAM installed. Many people don't understand that and think that RAM usage is an indication of how light an antivirus is, which is simply not the case. I use many different antiviruses and never check the RAM usage of any of them.

If you can't afford to upgrade your system, then RAM usage will matter to you. But having said that, you can buy used RAM for very little on eBay.
when you only have 3 gb ram, most antivirus will kill your system. i have a blog where i used to write a bit on what to use for those with older systems to keep them humming and relevant, and i'd get a lot of people from india and africa that were very interested. if you live in the poorer area of india and make (lets say) 200 dollars a year, i think you'll find that those ebay prices are a bit high. ram matters for them.

myself, i have several computers, some very good, and some that suck, and the ones that suck illuminate to me an entire other world of problems in regards to what constitutes good software. i have an old 2nd gen tower that was approaching rigor mortis, lol. the bottleneck was the ram. so i paid a hundred or so and jumped that to 16 gbs. now the ram is good. butttttt ... now i see a new bottleneck. the hdd is struggling with Mcafee. who knew that Mcafee would be so friggin read and write happy, so that it consumes 100% of that resource? interestingly enough, other AVs are far lighter in this regard, so that my system works perfectly with them. I might throw an sdd in and jump that hard drive speed by 5 fold to fix that, but that doesn't negate the fact that not all software is made equal. my old system helps me see which companies are simply smarter at engineering and writing effective, clean and light software. i will continue on with my holy quest to battle that monsterly beast called planned obsolescence, lol. :)

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
... now i see a new bottleneck. the hdd is struggling with Mcafee. who knew that Mcafee would be so friggin read and write happy, so that it consumes 100% of that resource? interestingly enough, other AVs are far lighter in this regard, so that my system works perfectly with them. I might throw an sdd in and jump that hard drive speed by 5 fold to fix that, but that doesn't negate the fact that not all software is made equal. my old system helps me see which companies are simply smarter at engineering and writing effective, clean and light software. i will continue on with my holy quest to battle that monsterly beast called planned obsolescence, lol. :)

I think that is a good policy to have for getting a good understanding of which set ups and software can really put a strain on systems. I've got an old duel core PC that I check things out on like that. I know plenty of people who can't afford flash devices with lots of bells and whistles, knowing what might work better for them on slower machines makes life easier when I'm trying to help them.

videogamer1500

Level 2
Verified
Apr 4, 2019
Is it lighter than McAfee?
If it does not use 2gb of your ram and 90% of your cpu like Iobit Malware Fighter does, then ram usage is not an issue. Fsecure is voted as one of the lightest avs on the market. Fsecure is also ranked as a top 10 av. Fsecure is getting better and better.
1594010508815.png
I have a machine with 32gb of physical ram, so programs will use more ram than usual. Fsecure only uses 160-200mb of ram on idle and less than 1% of the cpu meaning that this antivirus is so light, it is like it is not even there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.