Expired F-Secure SAFE - 6 months - 5 devices (including smartphone)

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo page
https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=4581
How to get a license
1. Go to the [URL='https://go.comss.ru/37WTC5l']promotion page[/URL]

2. Register by filling out a form -- include your first name, surname, email address and set your password. Click "Accept and create account" to create an account.

3. Confirm your registration by clicking on the link in the message that will come to your email.

4. On the [URL='https://mysafe.f-secure.com/']My F-Secure[/URL] account page in the lower drop-down menu, select your country to change the language.

5. Choose "Add Devices" to install protection on 5 of your devices, including Windows 7 and above, macOS, Android mobile devices, iPhone and iPad.

[ATTACH=full]243308[/ATTACH]

videogamer1500

Level 2
Verified
Apr 4, 2019
It took 4 minutes and 46 seconds to scan 170000 files. That is 38,116 files a minute and my average cpu usuage was about 30% during the scan. During the memory scan portion, it used 43%, but that is expected and on default, it thoroughly scans every folder in your pc, so the high usage is expected. Overall I give this antivirus an A-.

Attachments

• b3dMkx.png
    b3dMkx.png
    158.4 KB · Views: 334

videogamer1500

Level 2
Verified
Apr 4, 2019
It took 4 minutes and 46 seconds to scan 170000 files. That is 38,116 files a minute and my average cpu usuage was about 30% during the scan. During the memory scan portion, it used 43%, but that is expected and on default, it thoroughly scans every folder in your pc, so the high usage is expected. Overall I give this antivirus an A-.
I have to revise it, it scanned 187,309 files for a total of 41,948 files a minute. So it did even better than I stated.
1594012039236.png

Last edited by a moderator:

videogamer1500

Level 2
Verified
Apr 4, 2019
I don't have any MacAfee products to show a comparison with but here is my Task Manager screenshot showing F-Secure SAFE processes - View attachment 243858
Edit -typo!
I would test McAfee, but I am really enjoying using Fsecure at the moment due to how light it is. My results will probably still be in the 100mb+ range in ram because I'm guessing the av programs know I have 32gb of physical ram and an i9 9900k, so they can be more taxing without it affecting me. If you want me to test Mcafee, I guess I can. This, Eset, and Avira have impressed me the most with how fast they scan and function with their protection capabilities while not being taxing at all.

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
This, Eset, and Avira have impressed me the most with how fast they scan and function with their protection capabilities while not being taxing at all.
If your talking about full system scans, Eset takes much longer than any product I have ever used. It took 25 mins to scan clean installation of Windows without any files stored on my SSD. Kaspersky, McAfee, Bullguard, AVG, Malwarebytes, GData, F-Secure, Heimdal, and Panda are all much faster in full system scans. I think this is due to the complexity of Eset's scan. I have not used Avira in a while so I cannot comment.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
If your talking about full system scans, Eset takes much longer than any product I have ever used. It took 25 mins to scan clean installation of Windows without any files stored on my SSD. Kaspersky, McAfee, Bullguard, AVG, Malwarebytes, GData, F-Secure, Heimdal, and Panda are all much faster in full system scans. I think this is due to the complexity of Eset's scan. I have not used Avira in a while so I cannot comment.
ESET scans do cache things and emulate each file, it indeed take a while but this makes real time protection faster.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Could anyone inbox me a serial regarding f-Secure? As the one from my ISP is about to run out shortly. Thanks!

~LDogg

Reactions: zoran popovic

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
you say eset better detection ?
I mean to not slow down your system scanning by real-time protection every file again without any modification.

Yeah I think in general ESET and F-Secure are both top tier AV software, with their own strengths and weaknesses. ESET is able to identify more malware through static scanning techniques compared to F-Secure, but if ESET's scanner doesn't detect it, your system is compromised. F-Secure has more cloud-based and behavior blocker based protection that does better to catch new undetected malware after you try to run it.

Overall trying to rank the protection level between top tier products is really challenging and controversial. I would suggest instead to choose the one whose features, performance, and price fit your needs.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
installed and working. it makes you remove other supplementary security programs though. it doesn't like shadow defender or webroot. i had to uninstall them and reinstall after, which seemed to work. it's curious it didn't dislike heimdal thor. it seems fsecure has an interesting banking function (or online purchasing) where it kills all internet connections any other programs have online when you enter the banking site. maybe not the most effective, but i do like novel thinking. but this might cause some problems with heimdal, and other programs. i'll be curious to experiment with this, heheh.

and it seems light. but everything does when you first install it, so i'll have to wait a week and see if it gains a bit of weight :)

videogamer1500

Level 2
Verified
Apr 4, 2019
installed and working. it makes you remove other supplementary security programs though. it doesn't like shadow defender or webroot. i had to uninstall them and reinstall after, which seemed to work. it's curious it didn't dislike heimdal thor. it seems fsecure has an interesting banking function (or online purchasing) where it kills all internet connections any other programs have online when you enter the banking site. maybe not the most effective, but i do like novel thinking. but this might cause some problems with heimdal, and other programs. i'll be curious to experiment with this, heheh.

and it seems light. but everything does when you first install it, so i'll have to wait a week and see if it gains a bit of weight :)
Webroot is considered an av and so is Shadow Defender by many antivirus programs. If a program removes malware, they consider that an antivirus as many antiviruses are just antimalwares with added features.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
.... it seems fsecure has an interesting banking function (or online purchasing) where it kills all internet connections any other programs have online when you enter the banking site. maybe not the most effective, but i do like novel thinking. but this might cause some problems with heimdal, and other programs. i'll be curious to experiment with this....
I don't tend to leave banking and similar sites open longer than to do the transaction or whatever I opened them for. So, F-Secure SAFEs banking function doesn't really affect my other online activities, just don't expect your email manement software etc to always work when the banking function is running. A few times it has opened when I don't have a financial site open, it is usually when I',m on a commerce site, but not while I'm actually in the act of paying for something, but its easy to close and is normally just visible at the top of my screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.