Expired F-Secure Safe Giveaway - 1 year/5 devices FREE

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/flexible-plans/f-secure.html
How to get a license
Just go to that website, press "Try for free" button

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
F-secure are an established, respected company.

However, how good is this particular product ? It seems to show mixed results in the tests I have seen.

I was thinking of using it on an Android device. Any comments about its effectiveness when used for that ?

Reactions: Nestor

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
F-Secure does well in AV-Comparatives, October 100% with some FP's, there is a couple of tests on YouTube by Leo & others where it does well. I think it's as good as anything & the interface is super simple. One thing some don't like is it using Windows Firewall, though Emsisoft has gone the same way & WFW is pretty good. Can be awkward to install as it does not like other security software, though that is probably a good thing - F-Secure bit of a dark horse I think.

AV - Comparatives (if this floats your boat?)

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 67480

F-Secure has perfect threats detection and real-time protection, but terrible scores of performance on my PC cuz he lagging me PC after starting my Windows 10 Home.

akinnikaak

Dec 17, 2018
someone can help me too ? l need to use fsecure coz my fsecure ended....l am from Turkey and l need someone..vpn doesnt work

best regards

Reactions: stefanos

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
On my system as well, especially during the installation of the updates, then it normalizes.
New update (Avira signatures) in the beginning of 2019 should solve it. Really smooth database update installations and way lighter while doing it.

F-Secure's strength lies on its modules while they work as they should - by seeing the attack surface from scratch (as is the case with many other vendors). This way it is way stronger on blocking unknown programs (compared to MH tests).

However, blocking/detecting PUPs still lacks... I've always have had this feeling that ESET is leading in this category (y).

ChemicalB

Level 8
Verified
Sep 14, 2018
New update (Avira signatures) in the beginning of 2019 should solve it. Really smooth database update installations and way lighter while doing it.

F-Secure's strength lies on its modules while they work as they should - by seeing the attack surface from scratch (as is the case with many other vendors). This way it is way stronger on blocking unknown programs (compared to MH tests).

However, blocking/detecting PUPs still lacks... I've always have had this feeling that ESET is leading in this category (y).
Good to know, thanks a lot for the info mate :giggle:(y)

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
someone can help me too ? l need to use fsecure coz my fsecure ended....l am from Turkey and l need someone..vpn doesnt work

best regards
you have to use a new email, open a new account at f-secure, use a server from the UK in your VPN, to get f-secure. they are trying to get new customers.

i think there is a free giveaway for bitdefender on this forum.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.