Expired F-Secure SAFE -Security Suite free for 1 year

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://campaigns.f-secure.com/safe/vm/en_gb/?vm-segment=vmwebmpu&ecid=7970
How to get a license
Use a: [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]UK proxy:[/COLOR],and fill out all the details:)

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I think it's great, it would be nice to remove on the main screen that two hundred trillion files were checked by real time scanner were able to be disabled - Of what use that is would I would be be interested & why it can't removed/disabled is beyond me.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Even with the Web Filter disabled (which by the way causes endless warnings) it was still putting some drag on activity. I think this is related to the actual download of web files related to pages not the web filtration themselves. Which according to the AVC performance metrics, F-Secure does suffer in the area of scanning downloaded files. (and that likely would apply to web page based files and/or cross network LAN2LAN copies)

Overall, to me, at least with what I do, it created enough overhead to pull me away from continuing to play with it. But that's always been my experience with F-Secure. Just this one particular area it seems to cause issues and LAN2LAN and Page-Load are two areas I won't compromise speed for.

Good deal though for those willing to deal with that, or folks wanting the mobile edition which is pretty good.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
Even with the Web Filter disabled (which by the way causes endless warnings) it was still putting some drag on activity. I think this is related to the actual download of web files related to pages not the web filtration themselves. Which according to the AVC performance metrics, F-Secure does suffer in the area of scanning downloaded files. (and that likely would apply to web page based files and/or cross network LAN2LAN copies)

Overall, to me, at least with what I do, it created enough overhead to pull me away from continuing to play with it. But that's always been my experience with F-Secure. Just this one particular area it seems to cause issues and LAN2LAN and Page-Load are two areas I won't compromise speed for.

Good deal though for those willing to deal with that, or folks wanting the mobile edition which is pretty good.
Very interesting... I haven't noticed much of a performance difference myself on my machines but I will keep a closer eye out for the performance differences you're noticing.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Very interesting... I haven't noticed much of a performance difference myself on my machines but I will keep a closer eye out for the performance differences you're noticing.

Neither have I, it is very fast on my PC, it seems to scan links for malwares, not the whole page like Avast!, ESET and Kaspersky do with a transparent proxy.

In AV Test it is one of the fastest antivirus solution in the browsing benchmark:
Test F-Secure SAFE 17 for Windows 10 (193110)

ForgottenSeer 58943 scenario is very restricted to his configuration and usage (high speed network), so I think people shouldnt be discouraged to give F-Secure a trial because of his experience.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
Something interesting I noticed today: VirusTotal's reported results for F-Secure don't seem to match my offline testing. I've grabbed a couple zerodays off CAPE Sandbox and just as an example:

This one reports no detection from Avira (no cloud) or F-Secure.

1574220061227.png

However F-Secure statically detected it using just signatures. (There's no engine differences between FS Protection, the beta, and F-Secure SAFE.)

TR/Autoit looks like an Avira signature name, possibly from the cloud. I tried 5 samples with similar results before giving up. This isn't the first time I've seen VT behave differently compared to the real software running locally, FWIW...

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
They banned a lot of IP. I tried several times with different proxies.
"Registration or use of this code is not valid in your country or from this internet connection. Please register using the broadband or mobile connection from the provider of your F-Secure service or if you purchased from retail then in the country of purchase. "

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
They banned a lot of IP. I tried several times with different proxies.
"Registration or use of this code is not valid in your country or from this internet connection. Please register using the broadband or mobile connection from the provider of your F-Secure service or if you purchased from retail then in the country of purchase. "
The joys of actually living in the country where the promotion is based to :p, no need for proxy or VPN

~LDogg

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I use it to protect my Android phone to this day, in the days I used it on Windows I've always had a good experience, and currently it's even better, especially by Avira engine.
talking a little more, a funny thing..
I always had sympathy for Avira, he always had great subscriptions, but they never made a BB, besides its outdated, bizarre interface, I don't know why until today they keep leaving that way, it's horrible, outdated and finally stopped in time, Now looking at F-Secure has become what I would like to see at Avira. Good signatures, a good behavior blocker, a lean interface combined with good performance.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
F-Secure with Capricorn engine (Avira) impressed me so much that it is now my main security solution, I am loving it.
Me too! I’ve literally been having a script run every CAPE submitted sample through F-Secure and the Avira engine has blocked extracting the sample via real-time signature scanning every time. Let’s just say the BitDefender engine hasn’t been doing as well.

I’m surprised Avira isn’t talked about too much here. Seems like F-Secure made a really good engine choice here!

I really hope to see F-Secure tested in the Malware Hub :)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I get a rebranded version for fsecure from my isp for free ( KPN veilig ) it is currently also on v.17.7 , but I did uninstall it after one day. It runs heavy on my system : SSD, i5 4th gen. And 4gb ram. Webbrowsers where slow in opening , rest was ok. The good thing they got going for them is that uninstall is a breeze : the program leaves virtually no remnants behind : imho i personally would not pay for this , it is wat to overprized die what it offers! I reverted back to 360ts. But thanks tot the share anyway! ;) :)

icerulez

Level 2
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
on link it gives this code YTVKM-GCNKK-DCHKU-OWHHN but i can't activate it to my country. now i'm using uk vpn but still couldn't have it.

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Me too! I’ve literally been having a script run every CAPE submitted sample through F-Secure and the Avira engine has blocked extracting the sample via real-time signature scanning every time. Let’s just say the BitDefender engine hasn’t been doing as well.

I’m surprised Avira isn’t talked about too much here. Seems like F-Secure made a really good engine choice here!

I really hope to see F-Secure tested in the Malware Hub :)

What is a CAPE submitted sample ?

Reactions: Protomartyr

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
What is a CAPE submitted sample ?

It's an automated malware analysis service that allows anyone to download samples. You can find some interesting zero-day samples there. Copy-pasting the MD5 hash into VirusTotal's search gives you a decent idea of the detection ratio and what kind of malware it is.

(NOTE: Do not trust VT to tell you whether or not an engine detects it though. I've seen many cases where VT claims that F-Secure and Emsisoft don't detect something when in fact it does)

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018

It's an automated malware analysis service that allows anyone to download samples. You can find some interesting zero-day samples there. Copy-pasting the MD5 hash into VirusTotal's search gives you a decent idea of the detection ratio and what kind of malware it is.

(NOTE: Do not trust VT to tell you whether or not an engine detects it though. I've seen many cases where VT claims that F-Secure and Emsisoft don't detect something when in fact it does)

interesting thanks. Out of curiosity, in your experience, how common is it that 0day malware from CAPE gets a clear from VirusTotal ( without that implying the suites it include would give a clear if installed locally ) ?

Reactions: Protomartyr

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
interesting thanks. Out of curiosity, in your experience, how common is it that 0day malware from CAPE gets a clear from VirusTotal ( without that implying the suites it include would give a clear if installed locally ) ?
Extremely uncommon. There are usually somewhere between 3 to 10 engines that will give a generic detection to pretty much any piece of malware. That is not to say that they are the ones you want to use though.

BitDefender is almost never on that list :(. ESET is probably the most consistent in this regard of the major AV suites that you would run.

Remember too that VirusTotal runs custom Linux versions of static standalone scanners. It doesn't test behavior blockers at all and might not even test all the engines. It certainly doesn't test any behavior blocker capabilities.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.