Expired F-Secure SAFE -Security Suite free for 1 year

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://campaigns.f-secure.com/safe/vm/en_gb/?vm-segment=vmwebmpu&ecid=7970
How to get a license
Use a: [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]UK proxy:[/COLOR],and fill out all the details:)

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Extremely uncommon. There are usually somewhere between 3 to 10 engines that will give a generic detection to pretty much any piece of malware. That is not to say that they are the ones you want to use though.

BitDefender is almost never on that list :(. ESET is probably the most consistent in this regard of the major AV suites that you would run.

Remember too that VirusTotal runs custom Linux versions of static standalone scanners. It doesn't test behavior blockers at all and might not even test all the engines. It certainly doesn't test any behavior blocker capabilities.

Thanks for this, good to know, I always upload to VT before I install software ( which is either legit or open source anyhow ) so good to hear it does its job quite well.
so ESET is one of the top engines, always comparing like for like/how the VT deployment works -not referring to the general case-. Which are the other 2?

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
Thanks for this, good to know, I always upload to VT before I install software ( which is either legit or open source anyhow ) so good to hear it does its job quite well.
so ESET is one of the top engines, always comparing like for like/how the VT deployment works -not referring to the general case-. Which are the other 2?

Symantec (ML based signature), Cylance (usually says Unsafe with no further explanation) and a few other machine learning based engines.

I still consider ML/AI based products to be experimental and not something I will consider as part of a product's core performance. So far, AI algorithms have proven to have a poor ability to deal with adversarial attacks: that is, obfuscating to prevent detection or provoking it to generate false positives.

But really, don't take my word for it! Just copy paste some hashes from CAPE into VirusTotal, it's super easy to do.

P.S. "BitdefenderTheta" seems to do fairly well too. That is their next generation AI engine. Note that I don't think it's active in any of their products yet, nor is anyone licensing BD getting the Theta engine right now.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
F-Secure SAFE - free for 1 year :

Coupon:
RH17FYH3FD

Note:
You Should Use German IP/VPN

Thanks ;)

1577821001972.png

mastermind

Level 1
Verified
Dec 25, 2015
F-Secure SAFE - free for 1 year :

Coupon:
RH17FYH3FD

Note:
You Should Use German IP/VPN
tnx working perfect

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.