Battle F-Secure SAFE vs. Dr.Web Security Space

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Hi guys.

i want to choose only between F-Seure and Dr.Web so please do not suggest any security software else :D
most important for me?
Customer support.
behavior blocker ( their power against zero days.. )

thats it. nothing else :)

and to add a plus here:
+ something i don't like at F-Secure comapny, is that they have not 24/7 support, but DrWeb have, also 24/7 phone support so we can call in urgents..

well i hope you help me to have a right choice :D

Regards,Parham

Last edited by a moderator:

amir 957

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
I choose F secure
It has good custumer support
And it's behavior blocker is really good
It's very light and has a great database(Bitdefender and F secure)
But i had an issue with that
It couldn't clean all the infected files that was found in 2015 version(I don't know how the 2017 version is)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I see both are in their giveaway phases :D
You should not compare the two. Though Dr. Web claims to detect viruses, trojans..a range of malware, it is far away from becoming a competent real-protection nominee.
F-secure is a complete anti-virus with BD engine. I've it. It's light, modest and powerful!
I hope it's clear which is the better bet.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
thanks for your replies. :)
honestly I don't care about F-Secure, did you all test DrWeb ? or just because of that you test only F-Secure, call it better?
please if someone tried DrWeb too leave a reply :)
Alright, I've been using D.Web as a complementary ON-DEMAND scanner whenever I suspect trouble. I must say it has good potential of detecting some missed trojans, but it still ain't at par with the leading antivirus products. Based on my experiments (though on-demand only) and some test results, I recommend not going for it atleast when a giant like F-secure is available.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Detection: F-Secure (but with more Fps)
Firewall: Dr.Web
BB: I think the same but Dr.Web was left dropped file (in dynamic test)
Support:Both
Ram Usage: F-Secure
so so I can't compared which one better ...
FPs do really annoy in case of F-secure, just like Bitdefender, except that F-secure has a l'il more. A simple eg: If a trusted installer provides an option to select more installations (maybe adware), it flags it as Gen.Graftor and even shows no 'Allow' option in interaction. Needs efforts to let your work flow.
If that's at all a trouble for ya @Mr.Pr , I'd recommend going for a 3rd product. Choice is yours :)

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
@Mr.Pr (Ragnar), I think you would appreciate the better product coming from Finland (F-Secure). As someone has stated earlier just go and look in the Malware Hub and you will see the poor results coming from Dr.Web. Not to say F-Secure does a better job by any means but let me ask you this. Why look towards Dr.Web when their next door neighbor is Kaspersky? Kaspersky is far superior (my opinion) to Dr. Web.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
@Mr.Pr (Ragnar), I think you would appreciate the better product coming from Finland (F-Secure). As someone has stated earlier just go and look in the Malware Hub and you will see the poor results coming from Dr.Web. Not to say F-Secure does a better job by any means but let me ask you this. Why look towards Dr.Web when their next door neighbor is Kaspersky? Kaspersky is far superior (my opinion) to Dr. Web.
thats the problem!
in my opinion Dr.Web is really better than Kaspersky against zero days, stealers ! and the only thing i think Kaspersky is better on it than DrWeb, is Detection rate !

and why i won't buy F-Secure , its because of their support, they have not 24/7 support or something we can get helo in urgents ! but DrWeb have !

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
and why i won't buy F-Secure , its because of their support, they have not 24/7 support or something we can get helo in urgents ! but DrWeb have !

So there is your answer then. Dr. Web. Don't know why you needed to compare the 2 if your intention was not to purchase F-Secure to begin with. Not to be harsh.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Kaspersky is awesome...:rolleyes:
and I fully agree with "superior" , really Kaspersky is Superior and its not just your private Idea ,its our idea also, you can clearly see the result of MH that Kaspersky do better :cool:
this is why many of MH member and also MT staff use Kaspersky :D

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
FPs do really annoy in case of F-secure, just like Bitdefender, except that F-secure has a l'il more. A simple eg: If a trusted installer provides an option to select more installations (maybe adware), it flags it as Gen.Graftor and even shows no 'Allow' option in interaction. Needs efforts to let your work flow.
If that's at all a trouble for ya @Mr.Pr , I'd recommend going for a 3rd product. Choice is yours :)
Regard to F-Secure,I think BD Engine just have Fps hope to F-Secure make it own engine...
(I think a day that F-Secure go full cloud , because DeepGaurd detection rate is more higher than "junk" engine :D:rolleyes:)
@Lord Ami : is F-Secure tester he confirmed that DeepGaurd technology is really strong more than Dr.Web DPH :cool:
btw Dr.Web is not that worst but it need more improvement also @Der.Reisende confirmed that Dr.Web improved day to day ;)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Regard to F-Secure,I think BD Engine just have Fps hope to F-Secure make it own engine..
(I think a day that F-Secure go full cloud , because DeepGaurd detection rate is more higher than "junk" engine :D:rolleyes:)
BD ofcourse :D I'm not sure whether they have another layer of intelligence for decision on BD engine detection, but that would be great!

btw Dr.Web is not that worst but it need more improvement also @Der.Reisende confirmed that Dr.Web improved day to day ;)
Till then, one could use it as a sidekick ODS

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Regard to F-Secure,I think BD Engine just have Fps hope to F-Secure make it own engine...
@Lord Ami : is F-Secure tester he confirmed that DeepGaurd technology is really strong more than Dr.Web DPH :cool:
DeepGuard is promising. It's not that aggressive as Emsisoft one perhaps, but it's good.
DB signatures are OK. I think FPs originate from DeepGuard not knowing about files - it blocks rare files. I think it may be because F-Secure is not so widely used (in 10's of millions of PCs). Thus it may not have large file database... I don't know.

I do hope they will block rare files more frequently tho. In Malware Hub tests, it does block some of them, not all. But I can not understand it letting some 0-days run because "these files are known to the cloud"...
Must be something else (like with Avast CyberCapture - it fails to capture from time to time).

Because when you take samples from the HUB, they are pretty rare pieces of malware so they all should be "Rare application" by DeepGuard definition.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.