DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Just took a screenshot for you.
ngnUePn.png

All of the modules are constantly being updated. The oldest update is literally the UI and UX which are from March-May 2017. All the signatures and engines are being updated.
It's just the antivirus module of F-Secure repackaged and as such will exist until F-Secure closes down shop because it just draws its modules from their servers. I think it's a good choice for people who want to set it and forget it especially thanks to its behavioral engine DeepGuard.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Just took a screenshot for you.
ngnUePn.png

All of the modules are constantly being updated. The oldest update is literally the UI and UX which are from March-May 2017. All the signatures and engines are being updated.
It's just the antivirus module of F-Secure repackaged and as such will exist until F-Secure closes down shop because it just draws its modules from their servers. I think it's a good choice for people who want to set it and forget it especially thanks to its behavioral engine DeepGuard.
Still same, UI hasn't been updated since may-17 but all other components have been.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
5D73KJE.png

For those inquiring in other threads. F-Secure Ultralight Antivirus is still doing well.
All of the signatures are up-to-date (December 12, 2017).
Aquarius Engine is Bitdefender's optional offline engine. Its signatures are udpated the most frequently. I would say once every 2 hours?
Deepguard is the Behavior blocker it gets database updates around once or twice a day.
Virgo and Hydra are inhouse engines. From what I read those are responsible for Heuristics and recognizing new malware.
They even updated the Ultralight UI yesterday although I can't tell what they changed. The entire AV appears to be made of components that are updated independently. Perhaps that's why it is still doing well. It simply shares all the engines of the regular F-Secure suites
Windows 10 recognizes it as an AV but it is unaware of its status.

tL2P72c.jpg

That being said, Windows will not complain about it not being turned on. Until you truly turn it off in the UI.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Is this an online-only AV or does it protects for offline as well with BB and signatures? Any on-demand scanning feature? Does it scans USB device upon insertion?

Thanks
Out of the box it is an online-only AV + Behavior blocker. But, inside the AV, you can enable the option to enable offline scanning which downloads Aquarius. Aquarius is the Bitdefender engine they license.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Out of the box it is an online-only AV + Behavior blocker. But, inside the AV, you can enable the option to enable offline scanning which downloads Aquarius. Aquarius is the Bitdefender engine they license.
Is this offline scanner protecting in real-time or on-demand only?

Thanks

Reactions: [correlate]

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Is this offline scanner protecting in real-time or on-demand only?

Thanks
Real time and on-demand. Description says the offline engine kicks in when network connection is poor or absent.
YqgCd9K.png

I noticed a difference in RAM usage after installation. Before that, ULAV only used ~50 MB, after installing the offline engine, it's more in the range of 250 MB which makes sense since it is loading all or most of the offline signatures into RAM.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi

I have some questions about it

1. Will it be free for ever

2. How can I submit samples to you

3. Which Languages did it have

4. Any infos for the Final Release or for the next Beta / RC Version available

With Best Regards
Mops21

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Is it still working in 2023?
From New Member Sign-Up

F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus​

Thank you for sticking with us for so long, and for all the feedback you offered when we were beta testing the Ultralight AV!

This project, F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus beta is no longer active. There will be no more releases. We encourage the beta users to try out our other betas at https://beta.f-secure.com

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.