F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus Beta

Discussion in 'F-Secure' started by rupeshjoshi62, Dec 8, 2014.

1. DeepWeb

DeepWeb Level 9

Jul 1, 2017
    Nurse
    On a journey
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Just took a screenshot for you.
    [​IMG]
    All of the modules are constantly being updated. The oldest update is literally the UI and UX which are from March-May 2017. All the signatures and engines are being updated.
    It's just the antivirus module of F-Secure repackaged and as such will exist until F-Secure closes down shop because it just draws its modules from their servers. I think it's a good choice for people who want to set it and forget it especially thanks to its behavioral engine DeepGuard.

upnorth, mlnevese and rockstarrocks like this.
  2. rockstarrocks

rockstarrocks Level 14

Apr 16, 2017
    Civil Engineer
    Delhi>India>Asia>Earth>S.S.>Milky way>Our Universe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Still same, UI hasn't been updated since may-17 but all other components have been.

3. DeepWeb

DeepWeb Level 9

Jul 1, 2017
    Nurse
    On a journey
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    [​IMG]

For those inquiring in other threads. F-Secure Ultralight Antivirus is still doing well.
    All of the signatures are up-to-date (December 12, 2017).
    Aquarius Engine is Bitdefender's optional offline engine. Its signatures are udpated the most frequently. I would say once every 2 hours?
    Deepguard is the Behavior blocker it gets database updates around once or twice a day.
    Virgo and Hydra are inhouse engines. From what I read those are responsible for Heuristics and recognizing new malware.
    They even updated the Ultralight UI yesterday although I can't tell what they changed. The entire AV appears to be made of components that are updated independently. Perhaps that's why it is still doing well. It simply shares all the engines of the regular F-Secure suites
    Windows 10 recognizes it as an AV but it is unaware of its status.

[​IMG]

That being said, Windows will not complain about it not being turned on. Until you truly turn it off in the UI.

rockstarrocks, upnorth and amico81 like this.
  4. amico81

amico81 Level 7

Jan 10, 2017
    Germany
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    Thx a lot for your effort..interesting antivirus

5. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 34
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    Is this an online-only AV or does it protects for offline as well with BB and signatures? Any on-demand scanning feature? Does it scans USB device upon insertion?

Thanks

DeepWeb likes this.
  6. DeepWeb

DeepWeb Level 9

Jul 1, 2017
    Nurse
    On a journey
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Out of the box it is an online-only AV + Behavior blocker. But, inside the AV, you can enable the option to enable offline scanning which downloads Aquarius. Aquarius is the Bitdefender engine they license.

HarborFront likes this.
  7. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 34
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    Is this offline scanner protecting in real-time or on-demand only?

Thanks

8. DeepWeb

DeepWeb Level 9

Jul 1, 2017
    Nurse
    On a journey
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Real time and on-demand. Description says the offline engine kicks in when network connection is poor or absent.
    [​IMG]

I noticed a difference in RAM usage after installation. Before that, ULAV only used ~50 MB, after installing the offline engine, it's more in the range of 250 MB which makes sense since it is loading all or most of the offline signatures into RAM.

amico81 and HarborFront like this.
  9. Mops21

Mops21 Level 22
    Trusted

Oct 25, 2014
    Hi

I have some questions about it

1. Will it be free for ever

2. How can I submit samples to you

3. Which Languages did it have

4. Any infos for the Final Release or for the next Beta / RC Version available

With Best Regards
    Mops21

amico81 likes this.