F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus Beta

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@rupeshjoshi62

Where? Please?

Can you prodive the link for the uninstaller and/or removal tool for F-secure Ultralight Anti-Virus Beta?
Also, I will check on there forum? Being not sure causes problems! And I will follow-up!

Anyway thank you for giving an answer to my questions? Truly appreicate!

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Reactions: brambedkar59

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Appreicate! rupeshjosi62

Link is not working? Also, in post #20.

It better to safe than sorry and/or have a headache!

Moose regards,

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What happened with Ultralight AV!?
Is the project still ongoing?

‎13-01-2015 10:37 AM

Hi!

We've been rather under-resourced for this project due to the holiday season and some other tasks popping up, and hence there haven't been any major changes recently. Note that since the whole product is updateable via our channels, you will receive new components, fixes and changes to the UI automatically without having to run a fresh installer.

I'll let you know once I have more information to share about upcoming changes.
https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Home-Security/F-Secure-Ultralight-Anti-Virus/m-p/65893#M1971

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@user102: Although F-secure uses Bitdefender engine (signatures) from their main flagship products but, if we will analyse the Ultralight AV features hence their Cloud is surely made from their own.

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
Was/is it meant to be a companion AV?

l'm sure nobody would tell me outright not to use it, but is it recommended at this point in development? (I use Avast free)

Alex BK

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
Was/is it meant to be a companion AV?

l'm sure nobody would tell me outright not to use it, but is it recommended at this point in development? (I use Avast free)

No, it is meant to be the only on-access protection solution from my understandings, but you can still use on demand scanners, of course...
I use it on my real machine and everything is fine, the UI flashes sometimes but everything is good in general. Promising product ...

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.