Advice Request F-Secure wants to remove incompatible applications?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I faced the same issue @bjm_ , it's not just with the trial version they do it. Mine was with ZAM even though it was used as an on demand scanner only and i couldn't find a way to allow it to stay (but i'm not very clever) so i had to uninstall ZAM then after that i couldn't install it again because i couldn't find my license key :mad: It does seem a bit heavy handed from F-Secure to basically insist on uninstalling other programmes before you can install theirs.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
When I installed f secure safe it gave me warning to remove comodo firewall and malwarebytes free and I uninstalled both. After f secure had been installed i installed comodo and malwarebytes without any problem and no issues from any softwares. All are working fine on system.
If so, but it's tedious to dislodge MBA, SD, HITMAN PRO, ZAM. And then reconfigure all programs.:giggle:

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Hi,bjm_. I found this with several AVs, and found that uninstalling the incompatible programs after the AV was installed, rebooted and THEN reinstalled those programs. Not a peep from the AV !
Hi F 4 E,
I've not found objection to SpywareBlaster, Shadow Defender & HitmanPro with AV installers.
Do you recall which AV installers objected to SpywareBlaster, Shadow Defender & HitmanPro.

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Well, Chat session initially gave me scripted response.
Basically our program conflict with those program. We unable to be installed together with other conflicting software.
Upon pushing "Why object to not real-time programs".
Let me check that for you, one moment please.
In this case, I need check further with our respective team and get back to you via email. Is that okay?
We'll see what progress. F-Secure Chat support feels okay...albeit not 24/7.
Thanks All.

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Shadow Defender Service ({0CBD4F48-3751-475D-BE88-4F271385B672}) - SHADOWDEFENDER.COM - C:\Program Files\Shadow Defender\Service.exe
It's at the top of your Services listing (sorted alphabetically)
4535.png

F 4 E

Level 3
Verified
Jan 27, 2019
Hi F 4 E,
I've not found objection to SpywareBlaster, Shadow Defender & HitmanPro with AV installers.
Do you recall which AV installers objected to SpywareBlaster, Shadow Defender & HitmanPro.

Hi, bjm_. I only had Bitdefender and Trend Micro complaining about incompatible programs.

Kaspersky has never prompted me to remove anything !

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Hi, bjm_. I only had Bitdefender and Trend Micro complaining about incompatible programs.
Kaspersky has never prompted me to remove anything !
Yes, I've had AV install object to other resident real-time AV.
Not SpywareBlaster, Shadow Defender or HitmanPro.
Just saying.

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Dear ,
With regards to your inquiry, according to our team, normally security software is doing similar things on the low level Operating System operations and those are conflicting with each other. Since we cannot check all the security software on the market for possible compatibility issues, this is a prevention to avoid possible problems or clashes and ensure the systems are protected when our software is installed.

Please feel free to contact us again should you need further assistance.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Technical Support Engineer
F-Secure Corporation

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
F-Secure installer did not object to my Sandboxie, NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro, OSArmor, Windows Firewall Control, VPN, EEK, AdwCleaner, browser tools....etc.
F-Secure installer objections lost credibility.

I read F-Secure changed from BD to Avira so, I was curious.
I'm not curious anymore.
Thanks again.

Um, I can always add mutual exclusions.

Last edited:

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Update from FS forum:
"There has been some discussion about fs protection removing conflicting products while some users think that it's not a problem and reinstall them right back after our product installation. There is a command-line switch to disable conflicting product removal. It's documented for business product, but the installer code is same so it works for fs protection as well. See here. We still feel that the safest option is to run only one security product, so use this only if you're sure you want to take the risk of conflict. "

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.