Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Full Testimony Before U.S. Senate

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg testified before the U.S. Senate and House committees as his company grapples with the privacy scandal involving Cambridge Analytica.

Bring out the popcorn and prepare for a long talk with a few breaks. The video is 5 hours long and the talk starts at 19:50.

What Zuckerberg actually reply to some of the questions is IMO staggering.

Last edited:

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The net is flooding with similar comments and I would definitely not like to be in his shoes. Sure he's among the top 5 riches but wealth don't always help. Guess he climbs fast the rank of the most hated.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
He is a liar. He took a sip of the water in the cup which is a giveaway sign of guilty. In the court, the judges use body language, tone, and the cup water to judge for guilty signs.

Not everywhere on this planet and not for everything! For example an offered sip/cup of water on a airport anywhere in the world when your checked for drugs and you drink/sip normaly indicates you haven't swallowed any packages because eating or drinking could greatly risk breaking those packages.

Also nervous people or people in shock gets dehydrated faster and that could be counterproductive for the one that wants/need answers. He even sip long before he start talks but on some later questions it's cristal clear he lie as if his life depends on it and in a way it does as Facebook is his life.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I watched the deposition and thought he did a great job. He was overly respectful, and was also overly prepped on how to lower the answers to something that the cretins asking the questions could understand.

The most telling point was when the Senator from (I think) Wisconsin, after finishing his questions made a snarky comment to the person on his right ("I have no idea what I just asked about...").

Like him or not, I have to give Zucky credit- personally I would have has a stroke.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
No, actually I think it was more like "How far do I have to Lower Myself to make even the easiest stuff understandable to these Morons". This hearing was just for the Public- any substantial understanding was made behind closed doors.

What troubled me the most was that any misguided regulation by Congress can (potentially) lead to the end of Freeware and Unpaid services.

D

Deleted member 65228

I do agree he was quite respectful as well, and it surprised me a lot. I was watching it last night and I was amazed at how calm he was about all of it. I did notice he stuttered a bit but anyone in his position would have...

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

No, actually I think it was more like "How far do I have to Lower Myself to make even the easiest stuff understandable to these Morons". This hearing was just for the Public- any substantial understanding was made behind closed doors.

See this is something I can get behind. Because let's face it, the people questioning him are unqualified MORONS. They have trouble manipulating elevators and pumping gas, much less understanding even a shred of technology, the workings of technology and how it plays into daily life.

That's the whole problem with all of this. Not that Zuckerberg is a billionaire raging sociopath nerd, but rather the people that think they can handle him are absolute MORONS. So what the public is left with - a circus at best put on by people that only want to look like they are doing something so they get the vote from other morons.

As for Zuckerberg. My sources tell me he is evil. BEFORE all of this happened I was in communication with FB Whistleblowers giving me intimate details on how their systems spy and what they're doing with the data. (such as the tag cloud like audio transcription systems for in-room surveillance) He wields a private mercenary force, has his own force of hackers. Controls more media power than all previous media empires combined. He's not concerned with anything but exerting force and control covertly and never being implicated in doing it.

But these politicians? :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 65228

@ForgottenSeer 58943 Could you try and find out for me if the data presented on the take-out data is literally what they have on you, or if there's going to be heaps of data about you not shown on the take-out data? If any of your sources know the answer? Would really like to know this...

And if you delete Facebook, do they ever even "delete" the data after a time period?

Reactions: simmerskool

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I do agree he was quite respectful as well, and it surprised me a lot. I was watching it last night and I was amazed at how calm he was about all of it. I did notice he stuttered a bit but anyone in his position would have...
The apparent respect seemed very insincere to me and was obviously carefully planned beforehand, as was the rather sickening handshaking of his inquisitors at the end. I get the impression of a highly unpleasant individual lurking just beneath this very unconvincing veneer.

ps thankfully I've never had a Facebook account.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

@ForgottenSeer 58943 Could you try and find out for me if the data presented on the take-out data is literally what they have on you, or if there's going to be heaps of data about you not shown on the take-out data? If any of your sources know the answer? Would really like to know this...

And if you delete Facebook, do they ever even "delete" the data after a time period?

I will pull my notes from him when I get some time.

One thing he told me was it's not raw audio, that would consume too much traffic and be too difficult to handle. It's tag cloud like transcribed audio that cannot be reversed back into audio after FB receives the transcribed audio tag data. So for example captures from your room audio might look to FB something like this;

3029241801_a7cd294df2.jpg

When FB said 'we do not listen in to your rooms and conversations' they weren't technically lying.. They don't actually listen to your conversation they PULL DATA from your conversation. So they were being purposefully obtuse. The problem with the transcribed tag data is it is enough data to understand the full context of a conversation while not being totally aware of the content of the conversation.

So if you say to your friend: "Where did you BUY the NEW SUBARU from a few days ago?". The TG Transcription will take BUY/NEW/SUBARU and formulate the targeted advertising based on only that part of the full sentence.

It's actually an incredible intelligence gathering tool because it doesn't require enough data transmission to draw scrutiny. Also, the whole FB app hogging battery? Well... Now you know why, it's performing these transcribe activities which require CPU/GPU cycles on your device and as a result, increased battery draw.

Is this used for surveillance as well? Nobody knows exactly where that data goes, even the whistleblowers, but there is a BROAD ASSUMPTION the data is being shared with partners. Including intelligence sub-contractors and shell corporations.

So the first question is, if you remove app permissions. It won't help. There are back end, pre-approved service level permissions that cannot be disabled. If you purchase a new phone you'll likely find FB services running on the service level of the phones. You can often disable these, and probably should. But keep in mind FB gathers this data even if you aren't on FB and potentially through voice print of others around you that ARE on FB. So they likely know who you are even if you aren't on FB, including your voice print. I suspect more evidence of that will come out eventually. I'm taking up sign language for the modern age.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.