Advice Request Failing amtso cloud test on Firefox

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Sandvich

Thread author
Apr 3, 2022
Hi,

Does anyone else using Kaspersky Security Cloud on Firefox fail the amtso cloud lookup test?

All other tests pass expect for this one. Kaspersky extenstion also installed. Tried checking everything in Network settings and variations like inject script, always scan encrypted connections and of course scan mozilla traffic is always checked. Cloud protection is connected in the program.

Tested on Edge and it passes and also decided to try the test in Firefox with Kaspersky "Protected Browser" and it passes. Thought maybe some extension interfering somehow so disabled all except Kaspersky but still fails. Just trying to figure out what configuration and implementation on Firefox is going wrong when it blocks download with the other browsers.

Reactions: cryogent and Kongo

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
What I see checking my K.Plus 21.6 (last beta) + FF98.0.2 is that the file is blocked directly by FF:

1649006383796.png

If I manually allow FF to finally download the file, then K. detects/remove it:

1649006483672.png

Upvote 0

Sandvich

Thread author
Apr 3, 2022
That is right Firefox does block it directly with I believe correct me if wrong Google Safe Browsing kicking in, with Firefox "Deceptive Content and Dangerous Software Protection" enabled and I get that too. But if in Firefox that setting is disabled download occurs and no Kaspersky intervention until like you mention file is downloaded. Where as on Edge and Firefox running in protected browser I get windows notfication of download denied from Kaspersky and the Kaspersky block screen in browser.

Was just wondering why Kaspersky would not come in the absence of the Firefox setting not enabled. Can you reproduce that with Firefox block dangerous downloads disable? or is that how Kaspersky is supposed to normally function in Firefox? if so then everything is fine but its seems browser is making the block and not Kaspersky, am I right?. Thanks for checking this out:)

edgecloudtest.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.