Faiz's config

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Like you, Firefox has been my browser of choice!:) In addition to Adblock Plus, I've also added NoScript, HTTPS Everywhere, Ghostery, & for added password security, LastPass (extension rather than the app) which manages passwords using secure encryption against keylogger threats. Finally, Sandboxie Free http://www.sandboxie.com/ provides containment security by placing your Firefox browser inside of a virtual "sandbox"! This prevents malware changes to your system! PS Thanks for sharing your config!:D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

looks good, long time i didn't heard of Norton Ghost ; how it is today?

gonwk

Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Hi Ahmad,

Q1: Did you have "Kaspersky Internet Security 2014" when you got infected 1 month ago!?!?

Q2: Do you remember how you got Infected? And did you just Re-install your OS clean again!

G! :)

Like you, Firefox has been my browser of choice!:) In addition to Adblock Plus, I've also added NoScript, HTTPS Everywhere, Ghostery, ...

Hi Cats,

I just checked for Add-On "HTTPS Everywhere" on FireFox ... I did Not find one with exactly that title!?!?

Q: is "Ghostery" totally different than "Better Privacy" Add-on!?!?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 17, 2012
Your configuration is really good but i would like to suggest you create a rescue disk or download of kaspersky it would be better for extra safety of your PC. And thanks for sharing your PC configuration. :)

Ahmad Faiz Mukhlis

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
Hi Ahmad,

Q1: Did you have "Kaspersky Internet Security 2014" when you got infected 1 month ago!?!?

Q2: Do you remember how you got Infected? And did you just Re-install your OS clean again!

A1 : yes, I using Kaspersky 2 months ago and very good protection on my laptop

A2 : my laptop infected virus worm.win32.dorifel.b, but kaspersky has been removed and repair my file. No. I didn't

Your configuration is really good but i would like to suggest you create a rescue disk or download of kaspersky it would be better for extra safety of your PC. And thanks for sharing your PC configuration. :)
Ok. thank's for your suggestion
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
My experience says that Softorganizer are a tweaker program who modify your configuration system.

jimipre

Level 1
Verified
May 30, 2014
Like you, Firefox has been my browser of choice!:) In addition to Adblock Plus, I've also added NoScript, HTTPS Everywhere, Ghostery, & for added password security, LastPass (extension rather than the app) which manages passwords using secure encryption against keylogger threats. Finally, Sandboxie Free http://www.sandboxie.com/ provides containment security by placing your Firefox browser inside of a virtual "sandbox"! This prevents malware changes to your system! PS Thanks for sharing your config!:D

In Http Switchboard you get Adblock Plus, and a script and cookie blocker. Why run so many apps when 1 will do the job,

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi Cats,

I just checked for Add-On "HTTPS Everywhere" on FireFox ... I did Not find one with exactly that title!?!?

Q: is "Ghostery" totally different than "Better Privacy" Add-on!?!?

Thanks,

Hello gonwk! If your haven't found the Add-on with the other FireFox extensions you'll find it here https://www.eff.org/Https-everywhere If you need it for Chrome it's still (technically) in beta, but I use it with no problems.;)

Here are some interesting opinions comparing Ghostery with Better Privacy which I found at Wilders Security:
  1. The Firefox extension BetterPrivacy deletes Flash/Super cookies on exit. Ghostery also has an option in it's Advanced tab to supposedly do the same thing. So when it comes to LSOs, is it redundant to use both of these for this specific purpose, or does one do something the other doesn't? TomAZ,Jun 30, 2013
  2. BetterPrivacy is more extended and granular, you can also delete on browser start and time interval, notifications, whitelist etc. You can also delete settings.sol cookie(keeps a list of visited flash sites, but also any custom settings) and blocks click-pings.
    If you enable it in Ghostery, Ghostery will also delete Silverlight cookies, BetterPrivacy does not.
    I just noticed that BetterPrivacy's latest version is already 1.5 years old and the Devs website is MIA: netticat.ath.cx BoerenkoolMetWorst,Jul 1, 2013
  3. Betterprivacy is more trustable, while Ghostery was clean in the past. The clean Ghostery addon had a different icon, where the blue figure had a straight profile, not so curved as the actual one. Betterprivacy is more a sytemwide cookies control and delete system, while Ghostery is a per-page addon that lists all the web bugs in it. More informative but nothing else that that. MyBlackBox,Jul 2, 2013
In Http Switchboard you get Adblock Plus, and a script and cookie blocker. Why run so many apps when 1 will do the job,

Hi jimipre.:) Recently I'd added Http Switchboard extension to the Opera Next (Webkit) browser I've been test browsing.:cool: Although, the jury's still out (my jury):rolleyes: I've adopted an open feeling about new things, browsers, and extensions.
My initial impression (and this is just after two days) has been that HTTP Switchboard might not be blocking adds at an equal level to Adblock using Opera,:confused: and after having faithfully used Java script blockers since before coming to MT, I'm not quite certain o_O(yet) whether scripts are being intercepted as thoroughly. I think I might have some tweaking to do yet, but shall get back to you with my impressions.
Thanks!:D

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.