Fall Creator's Update Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
In my notebook, the wi-fi network icon is gone after the upgrade. I have only the network icon, with a triangle, indicating I'm not connected.
Now that you mention it, I did notice that my internet connection is very slow on the mark at start up and I was wondering why. Not sure it is relate to the upgrade though, I'll need to investigate.

Edit: I run Troubleshoot problems by right clicking on the internet connection taskbar Icon and the issue seems to be gone. I should know tomorrow for sure as for same strange reason some issues I encounter that I fix during the day, they mysteriously reappears after the computer has being off at night.

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

PVA_BR

Level 4
Verified
Jan 4, 2014

In fact, I can connect to the internet. I should have mentioned that the problem is relative only to the wi-fi icon. It's gone and now I have a non-connected "ethernet" icon, even if i have no cable connected to my notebook. In previous versions, the wi-fi network was displayed and tells me that "there is a wi-fi network available". When I right click the "ethernet" icon, I can acess my wi-fi networks, so the problem is merely aesthetic.

anyway, thanks for the help, @TairikuOkami and @VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
In fact, I can connect to the internet. I should have mentioned that the problem is relative only to the wi-fi icon. It's gone and now I have a non-connected "ethernet" icon, even if i have no cable connected to my notebook. In previous versions, the wi-fi network was displayed and tells me that "there is a wi-fi network available". When I right click the "ethernet" icon, I can acess my wi-fi networks, so the problem is merely aesthetic.

anyway, thanks for the help, @TairikuOkami and @VecchioScarpone
You are welcome.
I had an issue with Snipping Tools not working after upgrade. It was due to a failed update that got fixed by running windows update repair. Try that.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4027322/windows-windows-update-troubleshooter

Last edited:

seanss

Level 1
Verified
Aug 8, 2016
Thankfully no issues here!!
Same with me. But my machine is about 3 months old so I wasn't expecting any major problems (y)

I had problems with Kaspersky and Adguard hanging and causing general system slowdowns after the update. I had to force uninstall both as the normal uninstaller said I didn't have the required permission on an admin account... Now everything is fine but next time I'll remember to uninstall both before upgrading :)
I guess most of the update issues are AV incompatibilities-- they basically take control of the entire system. So I can see why it's really important that AV programs are stable before updating!

Last edited by a moderator:

catjc

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
oh ok thanks alot...i will try it later tomorrow morning (y)

You're welcome!

To run a system file check (SFC)

Go to start>Type CMD

Right click and run as Administrator

(called an elevated command prompt)

If you want to verify and repair the OS type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and "/")

If you just want to check (verify only) the OS type sfc /verifyonly (no changes will be made using verify only)

Last edited:

given

Level 2
Verified
Apr 2, 2017
You're welcome!

To run a system file check (SFC)

Go to start>Type CMD

Right click and run as Administrator

(called an elevated command prompt)

If you want to verify and repair the OS type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and "/")

If you just want to check (verify only) the OS type sfc /verifyonly (no changes will be made using verify only)
hello catjc...i did try it today but it still couldnt let me Update the Fall Creators Update...but thanks anywayz though...u are kinda nice person...thanks again for helping me out...!

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
From post 44. This batch file is the only thing tha worked for me in the past. [Batch] Windows Network Fix - Pastebin.com
WhatI did was copied the info to notpad and saved it as a bat file and ran as admin.
It seems if you click on the download link, you get a file that is 1 K smaller.

Last edited:
Reactions: given
P

plat1098

Thread author
Hey everyone....don't you get a GPU column in task manager with the Fall CU? Machine has a Nvidia 960 gtx and no column. Searched around online, nothing much about it. Driver is latest, against my wishes, but OK. Got the CU the first day and this is still the original installation. But no GPU column. :unsure:

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Hey everyone....don't you get a GPU column in task manager with the Fall CU? Machine has a Nvidia 960 gtx and no column. Searched around online, nothing much about it. Driver is latest, against my wishes, but OK. Got the CU the first day and this is still the original installation. But no GPU column. :unsure:
Click right click on top of any column and select GPU and GPU column should show up.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I get GPU memory leak when I go on gif-heavy sites like giphy.com

Can someone replicate this to confirm? Just go on giphy.com, scroll up and down, click on images and eventually Chrome and Firefox will freeze and reset the GPU.

Update: Other websites are finally acknowledging this too.
Fix Google Chrome black screen problems on Windows 10/8/7

The solution has been to disable hardware acceleration of the canvas, rasterization and native GPU memory buffers (disable zero copy).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.