Status
Not open for further replies.

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
I agree with Umbra,Jack , Exterminator and others....I liked some, didn't other, won't probably miss any.
I also think some, few gifs, smiles give a nice "personal, human touch" to this site and to the answers.
Thank you Jack for the improvements and for the kind way of implementing them.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Huracan and others know this was coming so I don't like that it was passed off as a community discussion either when it was obviously
already decided in advance, but this is just my opinion and I can accept it or hit the road. ;)
PeAcE
Nobody knew this was coming and @Huracan was locked out of his account by accident which would explain his lapse in doing anything.
Some members,myself included,were having issues with forum delays and timeouts.It was presented to @Jack and he obviously found the reason for the problem.
I sure hope nobody is going to leave the site over this signature issue :confused:
Frankly this is becoming a bigger issue than it needs to be.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I admit my signature was a little cluttered. :p I mainly used it as an easier way to get into the giveaway copy and paste my security config and introduction from my signature and log into facebook. :)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I'm fine with the decision. If it helps improve the experience of our members. Some people might take some time to get adjusted to it but eventually, they will get used it.

Reactions: shukla44

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Now, we've re-implemented the possibility to add a signature, however some restrictions were added.
We've removed the possibility to add images in the Signatures as they are distracting, and what's worse is the fact that they are loaded from other websites which comes with a performance impact. Furthermore, we've notice that people often add large images which do clutter the thread.

To view the Signatures, members will need to opt-in in their account preferences.
Go to Preferences and enabled "Show people's signatures with their messages"
View attachment 116063

Right now, you should be able to add text and style it with out any issues. Also up to 3 links can be added.

Thank you very much, Jack, for bringing this matter before the membership, for hearing us out, and for adopting a compromise. :D

Ok your forum place your choice, I do not care about signatures. I hate animes that jumping between posts!
But I love to reach people's config and Hi messages from thei signatures..Sometimes spreading good words from signatures better.

It's in my opinion something that allows users to express personality as well as the other technical stuff like those security software sigs that @Huracan did.

This is a warm, welcoming and friendly forum and I think some sigs added a bit of individuality.:D

Whenever I looked at an article then I discovered a ton of Security softwares, configuration, ideas on how to improve my Security knowledge. I got all of these just by seeing Security config via user signatures right on the same page of the article without browsing into another page. These user signatures saved my life because I have collected huge of Security configs from different users on MT (ex. @Umbra, from here I want to thank him ;)) which later helped me to install the best Security softwares on my PC and it is now working like a monster against all types of online threat.

as @Rebsat said, they helped to directly reach the config thread at first glance, that was the main advantage of them. New members will not find how to see configs setup from the profile page; unless someone tell them.

I think the config link should be moved (if possible) under the avatar. so everybody can see it and click on it if interested.

I agree, there were many times that without Exterminators very informative sigs I would have not found things that I needed.
allowing for 1 small image would have been sufficient combined with forcing posters to use the native image uploader when posting image
content within a post seeing that some posts contain many images of a large size.
PeAcE

I agree! I hope @Umbra will put his links back up. I loved all the signatures, but I understand that some others feel differently.

Sporting my new 3 line signature without images ;) Gets the point across!

I like it very much.

I'm glad that this matter was handled better on all sides than tends to be the case on other forums. I know Malware Tips will continue to be a great place to come for people who want some stimulating content and interaction without the drama and rancor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.