FIFA World Cup '18 Winner Poll

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Croatia dominated the entire match with 61% possession and outclassed France today. So, it was the referee who basically won the cup for France in the end.
Probably had nothing to do with France's 86% shot accuracy, versus Croatia's 29%. Fouls were even at 13-13 as well. I was rooting for Croatia, but you can't dismiss France's performance. Refs were definitely not at fault.

D

Deleted member 178

Croatia dominated the entire match with 61% possession and outclassed France today.
Common people think that dominating a game or playing with nice style is winning, you wrong; winning is scoring more times than the other.
Look at the all-winning Italian teams in the 80's-90's, one goal then they lock the their defense and shut the game, the adversaries keep wasting their strength to score back then they get counter-attacked and killed ((this was called "catenaccio"), ; this is professional football, not exhibition game. Ball Possession is useless if you can't score, i rather have 1% possession and 1 goal than 99% and score nothing.
France were lucky in 1st half, but their were professional, controlled the advantages they had and put Croatia in a coffin in the 2nd half.
Croatia learned it the hard way,
Not saying in 2nd half we saw the results of all those extra-time games they did, they get burned by fatigue; then get owned 2 times...there is no excuses for that. Croatia got lucky to get there in the first place anyway.

So, it was the referee who basically won the cup for France in the end.
the penalty was deserved, he blocked the ball with his hands , the hand went to the ball not the opposite, you can watch all the replays.

Btw, we had some courtesy, we give them back the own-goal LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Winners

@silversurfer , @RoboMan , @CyberTech, @Deletedmessiah - France

world-cup-trophy.jpg

Congratulations! Here's your golden trophy :D

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Great match but even though i was rooting for Croatia, i think the best team won. Congratulations to the frog eaters :p and Congrats to Croatia too for their wonderful contribution.

Hey @Marko :), @jackuars & @Transhumana , i hope you guys celebrate just as much as the winners do :emoji_beer:
Oh, we are celebrating. :D

A lot of people left jobs early and are heading to the main square in Zagreb. ZET (Zagreb's public transport) is completely free today, and HŽ (national railway company) is offering 50% discount for all trains coming to Zagreb. There are people coming from all parts of Croatia and even from different countries. It's expected that more than 100.000 people will come to the main square; I'm watching live broadcast on TV. :cool:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.