So, which type of files we have to pay attention in particular? I will make a simple list of file types but please guys, we are a community, contribute to this thread by posting your list!
- All email attachments (yes, when you find an email in your spam box it is very recommended to NOT click on any link and NOT download any attachments, because they are often malware).
- Double extension files (e.g. .pdf.exe)
- Script files (e.g. .js, .jse, .vbs, etc. They can work as downloader for ransomware, etc.)
- Scr files.
- Documents (.xls, .docx, .rtf usually used for macro malware and exploit)
- .exe (maybe the most obvious)
- Powershell files
- .reg files