JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Not really.
Thanks @Trident
I asked you this question because I decided to try ZAESNG and I got 3 weird detectionso_O
Few minutes after its installation ZAESNG automatically quarantined HitmanPro application which I have been using for many years.o_O
Then during the complete analysis of my system, ZAESNG detected as malware an older HitmanPro installer as well as an anydesk installer.o_O
I'm wondering if it is possible to report false positives to ZoneAlarm support?:unsure:

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Thanks @Trident
I asked you this question because I decided to try ZAESNG and I got 3 weird detectionso_O
Few minutes after its installation ZAESNG automatically quarantined HitmanPro application which I have been using for many years.o_O
Then during the complete analysis of my system, ZAESNG detected as malware an older HitmanPro installer as well as an anydesk installer.o_O
I'm wondering if it is possible to report false positives to ZoneAlarm support?:unsure:
My thought?? some security apps see a compatibility issue with other security apps, and either ask you to remove them or delete them. Could be a false+ or not if ZA considers it incompatible. (I now run Checkpoint Harmony instead of ZA). @Trident knows better than I do about this...

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I will report it to Check Point and get their comment.
Thanks @Trident for your help(y)

My thought?? some security apps see a compatibility issue with other security apps, and either ask you to remove them or delete them. Could be a false+ or not if ZA considers it incompatible. (I now run Checkpoint Harmony instead of ZA). @Trident knows better than I do about this...
But Checkpoint Harmony is for business users ? endpoints ?
Anydesk is not a security app.

Reactions: Dave Russo

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Thanks @Trident for your help(y)

But Checkpoint Harmony is for business users ? endpoints ?
Anydesk is not a security app.
well Harmony is not only for enterprises. The cost for Harmony is comparable to good paid home consumer AV. I thought we were talking about HitmanPro. I recently read something bad about Anydesk, but don't recall exactly what the_bad was since I don't use it. (that I know of)

• Thanks
Reactions: JB007

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
well Harmony is not only for enterprises. The cost for Harmony is comparable to good paid home consumer AV. I thought we were talking about HitmanPro. I recently read something bad about Anydesk, but don't recall exactly what the_bad was since I don't use it. (that I know of)
Thanks @simmerskool (y)
For anydesk, it is possibly this info: AnyDesk says hackers breached its production servers, reset passwords
I'm interested about Harmony, is it a better software than ZoneAlarm ? , where can I find it ?

Reactions: simmerskool

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I have the same question can't they make this a simple buy and download???
No, as many business security vendors, Check Point is 100% channel oriented, meaning distribution, sales and management are offloaded to business partners. You can’t buy from Check Point directly.

• +Reputation
Reactions: JB007

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
I've no issues with the next gen. They do offer a nag to the paid version but the free AV/Firewall suite should be sufficient for home users.

Reactions: Trident

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.