Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Get it from your internal updater

New

• We’ve rolled out WebRender to more Windows users with Intel and AMD GPUs, bringing improved graphics performance to an even larger audience.
  • Firefox users in Germany will now see more Pocket recommendations in their new tab featuring some of the best stories on the web. If you don’t see them, you can turn on Pocket articles in your new tab by following these steps.

Fixed

• Various security fixes.
  • Several crashes while using a screen reader were fixed, including a frequently encountered crash when using the JAWS screen reader.
  • Firefox Developer Tools received significant fixes allowing screen reader users to benefit from some of the tools that were previously inaccessible.
  • SVG title and desc elements (labels and descriptions) are now correctly exposed to assistive technology products such as screen readers.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Has anyone else found that their NoScript permissions have to be set again after installing this Firefox update? Normally the NoScript settings have been transferred over to the new Firefox version.
I'm using NoScript on Firefox 79, here all went fine as always before after updating Firefox.
Probably it's better manually backup settings and the whitelist of NoScript!

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I'm using NoScript on Firefox 79, here all went fine as always before after updating Firefox.
Probably it's better manually backup settings and the whitelist of NoScript!
You're right, I should have backed the settings up. I guess that I got complacent, the settings had always been transferred over fine when a new browser version was released before.

So far it looks like NoScript is the only extension on Firefox that this has happenned with, none of the other ones I have enabled seem to have been affected in this way. I checked and could not see any NoScript update, there is often one quite soon after a new browser verssion is released.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I'm having to use a backup of my NoScript settings after I close Firefox down, every time. The problem is that because I was slack in backing them up prior to the latest Firefox release I don't have a complete back up of the Noscript permissions, there are so many sites that I visit regularly that its as if I have only installed NoScript now, for the first time ever. Each time I have to click to make a site 'temp TRUSTED' or whatever I'm reminded that Mozilla have just messed me about. Its not a good PR move!

Mozilla might finally have annoyed this long-term user, since it was first officially released, enough to make me move permanently elsewhere. Might being the key word currently.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
The issue has been reported to Piriform in July when Firefox was in Beta, but still, even after stable release, no action has been taken which now resulting in users to lose extensions data including popular ones such as NoScript. [...]

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I had to turn off hardware acceleration, as it was using 1.1 GB (out of my 4 GB) of RAM with a single tab open. With hardware acceleration off, it's using only 600 MB with 5 tabs.
I also have same problem with FF, but currently I am having a different issue of Cryptographic Services hammering my harddisk whenever I run FF.
Idk if it's a Windows problem or FF, but I created a Feedback for it.
In short I am not using FF.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018

This looks like another black mark against Avast to me.

I'm not using CCleaner so this wasn't what wiped my NoScript settings that I mentioned above in this thread. I still don't know why that was happening, but I seem to have overcome the issue by starting a new profile and setting everything up there how I had it in the original profile. Its been a pain to do, during a spell of great summer weather, so Mozilla, mess me about in winter next time, if you have to do it! :mad:

johnjony

Aug 2, 2020
Great to hear that! I was looking for new updates in Firefox Browser. Hope so There will be a lot of new things had been added into it. Thanks

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Stopspying Do you use sync feature on Firefox?
No I don't, I can see it could be a good idea to do so in this case though. I don't use my phone to get online much - I'm online much of the time at work and at home so I want some time away from the internet. I use different devices for different purposes at home so I don't tend to duplicate what I do on one with another device. So there isn't really much need to sync a lot of what I do with Firefox on different machines.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
No I don't, I can see it could be a good idea to do so in this case though. I don't use my phone to get online much - I'm online much of the time at work and at home so I want some time away from the internet. I use different devices for different purposes at home so I don't tend to duplicate what I do on one with another device. So there isn't really much need to sync a lot of what I do with Firefox on different machines.
I don't know if NoScript can sync its settings with Firefox sync but other NoScript alternative like uMatrix and even uBO support sync feature so by that way, you can always have a backup of your settings.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.