Firefox 89.0 released

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Trying it now, so far so good. I'm finding it a quicker than Edge and Chrome. Took me awhile to find things, but so far I like it. Hopefully they took care of the resource issue, Firefox was a hog.

i updated via PatchMyPC. I really like the new design so much. the only problem for me with firefox is the ram usage. it consumes high amount of ram but i can`t stop using it. it is the best for me.
I hadn't found FF to be a resource hog recently.
I did not receive any update for Firefox 89, but now you can download version 89 by visiting the Mozilla site!
Why did I not receive the update?
It might depend on how you have your update settings -
FF updates.PNG
With mine set like this FF didn't inform me about this update, instead I went to 'Help' > 'About Firefox' and it informed me that an update was available.
Got 89 this morning and I really like it. FF wasn’t slow for me before other than lunching, but now it’s indistinguishable from Chromium at least on my connection and beefy cpu.
I'm with you on not noticing it being slow.
I like new design but I miss menubar/titlebar color. I was used to have it the same as system's colour but it seems that they've removed this option? :(
I have FF the 'Dark' theme and am having trouble working out which is the active tab -
Firefox 89.0.PNG

Oddly this screenshot has captured it so as it shows slightly better than the 'live' view is. This wasn't an issue prior to the update to 89.0, I'll have to go through various settings to try and improve the degree of greyness on the active tab.

Other than that I'm with the others here who feel that FF is now slicker overall.

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Looks like all of those are Google safe browsing related. But don't worry, safe browsing in Firefox doesn't send any of your data back to google.
Here's an article that explains how safe browsing works in Firefox.

Thanks SeriousHoax. I just hadn't noticed all those google-related preferences before, and also this was the first time I saw Firefox attempting to connect to those IP's.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.