Advice Request Firefox is on the verge of extinction. What can they do about it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
They have said that same thing for years. Firefox will be history soon. Clearly they have made mistakes over the years. I've always used Firefox or one of it's clones, Waterfox, or Comodo IceDragon (now a dead browser). Used to use K-Meleon years ago as it was faster for me back in the day of dial up. I also used the old Opera back in the day.

Tried Brave but didn't care for some things about it. I didn't see any noticeable difference in speed with it or any other Chromium browsers I've tried. They do continue to grow, which is good because Google does need competition. That's one of my main complaints about Firefox actually, not caring what loyal users say. If they do switch to Chromium they will like everybody else. Why use them then, what will be the difference between Firefox and others. I'm going to try LibreWolf again. Like to migrate to it for daily browsing. I prefer the underdog to the bully.
Personally, I find LibreWolf too hardened as they mix their own feedback with arkenfox/user.js, however it makes them more forgiving than just using the latter user.js. But regardless, it's better than most off-springs I have tried out, at least.

fyi, just my experience.

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
And the best thing about Firefox is you can pop out any video in PiP. Even sites like Hulu that for some reason block that in Chrome.
Well, PiP is also an option in Edge.

The main Firefox drawback is its Android version which is subpar to Chromium offerings. It is also incompatible with Adguard and quite schetcy when using password managers on Android.

Since I like to use the same browser on PC and Android for synchronization, I will not have firefox as a main browser for the above reasons.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Well, PiP is also an option in Edge.

The main Firefox drawback is its Android version which is subpar to Chromium offerings. It is also incompatible with Adguard and quite schetcy when using password managers on Android.

Since I like to use the same browser on PC and Android for synchronization, I will not have firefox as a main browser for the above reasons.
PiP can be blocked in Chromium browsers by sites that wish to disable it i.e. Hulu. This does not happen to the Firefox implementation.

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.