Solved Firefox search keeps changing to http://searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net

RichieP

New Member
Hi there

As in the title, I noticed Firefox default search keeps changing to Yahoo. However, when I go into options the home page shows as in the thread title. The actual search results page looks like Yahoo but I don't think it is.

I've run Junk Removal Tool, Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner and Hitman Pro but it's still the same. I thought I'd cracked it when Malwarebytes showed it found a DNS Hijacker but unfoirtunately not.

I've uploaded the scans requested, as well as MBAM, AdwCleaner and JRT.

Thanks
Richie
 

Attachments

Hello,


Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
  • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.​
  • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on
    4zu6vb.jpg
    icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.
 
Yeap, different approach to malware removal and protection than MBAM. As you saw, MalwareBytes failed in this case, Zemana didn't :)

The same thing is with stopping malware before it reaches your computer. Where others fail, Zemana blocks it.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top