Firefox Tweaker 2.2 released! (2020-05-21)

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I've released a big update for my Firefox Tweaker yesterday with some pretty big and cool changes:

Firefox Tweaker 2.2 changes:
  • Totally redesigned the prefs.js auto detection mechanism and added GUI driven manual selection or override for situations where prefs.js cannot be detected in default location or when multiple profiles are detected.
  • Added name of the exact parameter used for any given tweak under HELP button. Helpful so you know what exactly is being modified and if I’m interpreting some tweak wrong.
  • Added “Enable HTTPS green padlock” (Interface Tweaks)
  • Added “Disable Beacon API” (Privacy Tweaks)
  • Added “Browser Components” category
  • Added “Disable Firefox Accounts” (Browser Components)
  • Added “Disable Pocket” (Browser Components)
  • Added “Disable Screenshots Tool” (Browser Components)
Visit micropage for more details and download:

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Thank you @RejZoR for your work and your update.

Please, a question/request: Without executing your FirefoxTweaker2.2, is it possible to see (in an easy way) the lists of tweaked Firefox' prefs, separated by categories?
I visited your blog, I saw the changed-logs, but I couldn't find a plain list of prefs per category.

Thank you in advance!

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Thank you @RejZoR for your work and your update.

Please, a question/request: Without executing your FirefoxTweaker2.2, is it possible to see (in an easy way) the lists of tweaked Firefox' prefs, separated by categories?
I visited your blog, I saw the changed-logs, but I couldn't find a plain list of prefs per category.

Thank you in advance!

Parameter used for each tweak is listed under HELP button if that's what you mean. Every page has its own HELP button that has descriptions for that specific page.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Parameter used for each tweak is listed under HELP button if that's what you mean. Every page has its own HELP button that has descriptions for that specific page.

Thank you for your reply, but again, what I meant was... without installing your FirefoxTweaker2.2.
I just want a list or lists of the tweaked prefs, separated by categories... without installing your software.
Please, is it possible?

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Thank you for your reply, but again, what I meant was... without installing your FirefoxTweaker2.2.
I just want a list or lists of the tweaked prefs, separated by categories... without installing your software.
Please, is it possible?

It's actually a portable tool. It doesn't really install anything. You can run it from anywhere. Only extra file it places is PREFSJS.txt file if prefs.js file is not in a standard location. But is always located next to Firefox Tweaker EXE so you can delete it at any time if you decide to not use it. So you can look around and get rid of it by directly deleting 2 files at most. I don't maintain a general list of tweaks outside of changelog itself.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.