Firefox Tweaker 2.4 released with Megabar control! (2020-06-06)

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
After endless problems with dumb Megabar introduced with Firefox 75 and enforced with Firefox 77, I've finally done a full hack that turns of this idiotic Mega bar once again. This time with extra switch and custom CSS code. Because thank you Mozilla!

Firefox Tweaker 2.4 changelog:
  • Redesigned “Disable new oversized URL bar” which now uses userChrome.css style sheet in order to disable the god awful oversized dumbass new URL bar. Thank you userChrome.org for providing one.
  • Added mechanism to backup existing userChrome.css . It will still overwrite it entirely anyway when doing tweaks, but it’s there so you won’t lose all your own tweaks. Sorry, but this is the most I can do. Say thanks to Mozilla which forced me to do this god damn hack to disable their new URL bar.
Firefox Tweaker micropage with more details and download:

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
Mozila has only been embarrassed by her updates, her browser is getting slower and slower. But I decided to give it one more chance (I know I will regret it and uninstall it next time), but F-Secure didn't like its tool sdsd.png :p

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
DeepGuard isn't particularly sophisticated as far as I know...

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
Well, obviously I'm going to believe in a security company in that case, not an ordinary user :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.