Advice Request Firewall App Blocker

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
I was wondering if anyone has used this app. Looks interesting. Appears to also use the Windows Firewall. Plus, I see a bunch of interesting other programs they offer.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Been using this piece of software for three years. Very user-friendly if you want to add outbound firewall rules to the Windows firewall and make a backup of those rules. Doesn't consume system resources.
Thanks

Is the whitelisting function useful? Does it block by processes as well as exes?

Reactions: show-Zi

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I only used the blacklisting functions. Since version 1.5, FAB added a block process feature.
Nice description of this app:

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Hard to believe only one person on this forum has tried this firewall. I guess they think they are really smart or something. I have now noticed you and will follow your posts;) You are no dummy. I might ask you a few questions about your setup of this firewall if that is, ok?
Oh ya, what ever happened to ForgottenSeer 58943? Is he still in his covid bunker?

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
FAB is a portable application that I don't use very often. But whenever I change firewall rules, I always make sure to export a list of my changed rules to a folder. And I make a backup of this folder.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I tried using it for the first time in a while, I noticed that the usability has been improved compared to before, such as setting a rule by specifying the folder containing the application.
Currently, I am using wfc of binisoft, but I will try using this software as well.:D

I was wondering if anyone has used this app. Looks interesting. Appears to also use the Windows Firewall. Plus, I see a bunch of interesting other programs they offer.
You have simple and excellent software such as DNS jumper. You can enjoy the homepage here just by looking at it.(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.