Not open for further replies.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Anymore links?

So guys have you tried the new CCSU already? And who is going to make a video review about it?
All these likes are great yet i need feedback how the program is coming along.

Cheers
As soon as it is up at MajorGeeks i will give it a run and let you know what i think. ;)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
So why is major geeks so important? Whats about that website?
Because they are really major geeks. Those guys are really up to date, whatever the news is or new software. Sometimes I find some update on their site before it even comes live on any forum, (or developer official forums).
So :
  • Majorgeeks
  • Softpedia
  • You can try Neowin and Techspot
  • Filehippo
  • Snapfiles

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Is it compatible with Windows 8/8.1 yet? :)
Otherwise I'll have to spin up a Windows 7 VM.

Reactions: Nico@FMA

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Because they are really major geeks. Those guys are really up to date, whatever the news is or new software. Sometimes I find some update on their site before it even comes live on any forum, (or developer official forums).
So :
  • Majorgeeks
  • Softpedia
  • You can try Neowin and Techspot
  • Filehippo
  • Snapfiles
Not so sure about Filehippo these days. ;)

Reactions: Nico@FMA

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Every download is secure and safe. Tested by the Major. I will not download from any where else. Do you have a problem with the Major ?
Nope no problems with them, i have known them for years and used them to get some tools. Yet i never knew that they actually do file submissions, in regards to being safe there has been some false positives regarding our software, but its 10000000% clean.
The VT report proves that not to mention that everyone who used our software can testify to that.
And if MG is going to add us i am 10000% that we will get the virus free stamp...

Is it compatible with Windows 8/8.1 yet? :)
Otherwise I'll have to spin up a Windows 7 VM.
Windows 8 versions will be completely skipped in favor of Windows 7 and 10.
We have talked to Microsoft about some functions in our Windows 8 BETA version of CCSU and they advised us to move on and start developing for Windows 10 as windows 8 will be phased out faster then switching a light bulb.

Not so sure about Filehippo these days. ;)
Filehippo use to be good, yet they do have bundled software and i would not list my software on them. Unless i am 100% convinced thats its not their fault.

Really? Do you think @Nico@FMA wants to infect you?
Looooooooooool @Malware1 did you not know i am the biggest virus and i want to infect you all with FMA Intel-Secure bug.
Lmao <evil grins>
whahahahaha

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
@Jack @Huracan @BoraMurdar
I just have sended MG a email, they might contact you guys for verification.
uTuW0Bc.png

Reactions: Ink and BoraMurdar

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hehe, MajorGeeks added Crystal Security automatically (without submission) and number of downloads grows very well. With few months got about 59 000 downloads. They also update to new version quite quickly (and also without manual submission). Another good one is Softpedia. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
So that all being said, who is willing to review the software? (Either video or writing) on Windows 7 Prof/Ultimate or Enterprise (32 and 64bit)?
Also for those having a old version installed, did you guys update yet? and who is using it btw?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Dont work in virtual so will not test it....sorry

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I would like to avoid installing on my pc....maybe i will...

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
I would like to avoid installing on my pc....maybe i will...

If you gimme lets say 30 minutes then ill compile a setup without VM detection and ill reroute the pre install checks...
However you cannot distribute this version ok? How does that sound?
Cheers

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Sounds very nice...tnx
Why not give this portable setup to everybody?

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Sounds very nice...tnx
Why not give this portable setup to everybody?

Well the pre-checks are needed specially with the future upgrades in mind.
So as mentioned above there are some functions within my program that are made to support future updates and some modifications.
We use to run without the checks, but the performance and reliability of the program itself has become so much better since those checks.
That said now you know the reason.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.