Followed steps to remove Sweet-Page but still getting pop-ups...

mspoppy

Thread author
May 14, 2014
I'm having issues completely removing Sweet-Page from my computer. I followed all of the steps recommended on your site and ran all of the scans. That fixed most of my issues, but I'm still experiencing one. When I'm online (via Chrome) tabs keep popping open randomly with different advertisements. Probably every 5 minutes or so. Would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    51.6 KB · Views: 133
  • FRST.txt
    47.7 KB · Views: 114

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    4 KB · Views: 104

mspoppy

Thread author
May 14, 2014
Not completely sure I did it right. I downloaded the file and saved it in the same location as FRST. I ran the fix, and attached the report...

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 115

mspoppy

Thread author
May 14, 2014
Here you go. The first tab you see I actually opened myself, and then the other two tabs popped open on their own. I'm currently in Spain on vacation so that's why the adverts are in Spanish.

Attachments

• Shot_One.png
    Shot_One.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Shot2.png
    Shot2.png
    748.9 KB · Views: 113

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Okay, run FRST once more, check Addition.txt, press Scan and attach both reports.

Also tell me does pop-ups appear on every site or just few of them?

mspoppy

Thread author
May 14, 2014
Here are the two reports. The tabs pop open no matter what website I'm on. I will say that I'm only getting about 5 or 6 different ads. They just cycle and keep popping up over and over again. Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    49.2 KB · Views: 95
  • FRST.txt
    52.9 KB · Views: 97

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    539 bytes · Views: 98

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.