Expired For German - Bitdefender IS 2017 - 180 days x2 free license

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
Thanks, I wonder to myself why a so important feature is disabled by default o_O
Video Review - Avira Antivirus Pro vs WannaCry ransomware by Juan Diaz
in this post i wrote about what i experience with ransomware protection turned on

TL;DR version :p
Bitdefender ransomware protection: on
protection at boot: on
autopilot: on (no popups, to test what decision BD automatically makes, you can always override bitdefender decision inside notifications section of BD main window if needed)
c:\users\<username>\pictures\ folder is automatically added to protected folders list in ransomware module (and others)

1) i download picture editing software to test it
2) i am playing around with options/settings/etc after i open picture file inside protected folder
3) some option/setting of picture editing software attempts to change file name from "picture 0123.jpg" to "picture 0123.jpg.xxx" (can't remember what 'xxx' was, so just an example)
4) bitdefender ransomware protection automatically stopped that from happening and denied picture software from making changes
5) bitdefender alerts me telling me it detected ransomware type behavior by <software> trying to change <file> etc etc... If this is a mistake and i want to allow such behavior, i can make allow rule for the future.

to avoid situations like above, and causing newbie user problems, maybe thats why BD disable ransomware protection feature by default?

but if this free giveaway is giving 1yr full license, then thats a very good deal :eek:
i posted about a BD sale i found few days ago, now this comes :p :facepalm: hahah

manhtom

Level 1
Verified
Feb 14, 2016
Unfortunetelly I can't get a license. Please help...
What? How to get a license
1. Turn on (connect) German VPN
2. Visit the giveaway site
3. Turn off the VPN
4. Fill in the information
5. Check your mail (NOT CLICK THE LINK YET)
6. Turn on (connect) German VPN (again)
7. Click on the link in the mail you received
8. Create a new Bitdefender Central account
9. Check if you see 180-day BIS license in My Subscription. If yes, turn off the VPN and install BIS

For me OkayFreedom VPN seems to work. And it has a good giveaway
Promotional - OkayFreedom VPN Premium - 1 Year
Hotspot Shield is very slow IMO

vags

Level 1
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Probably they have inject adware to web installer. I scanned at virus total the file from the chip links and the mail from bitdefender with the link to me and was this
Antivirus scan for 533908e291fa32325cb14036d7b952876f32caa8b1d2db2ceef2334fc2f9bea8 at 2017-05-26 22:31:09 UTC - VirusTotal

I tried after and downloaded a 30 days trial for the same and was different file and the analysis was this
Antivirus scan for c69120b5bb00c26cbd5a96a33f90e3e9b7b476b6a0f3102c9b07732be06a264b at 2017-05-25 10:08:56 UTC - VirusTotal

Here are links for offline installers maybe safer (i didn't try it but If i understood well is 1 installer 4 all and changes with the login or serial)
x64
http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2017/all/bitdefender_ts_21_64b.exe
x86
http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2017/all/bitdefender_ts_21_32b.exe

Reactions: frogboy

Nam Tran

Level 1
May 8, 2017
Ehh.. Can I have a question?

I already took 1 license from this 2 weeks ago, and yeah! i'm very happy, but now I want to share it to my friend, so they can take it too, but I wonder Is this giveaway still going on?

Reactions: lab34

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Ehh.. Can I have a question?

I already took 1 license from this 2 weeks ago, and yeah! i'm very happy, but now I want to share it to my friend, so they can take it too, but I wonder Is this giveaway still going on?

You have nothing to lose by trying the link @Nam Tran . I got mine about 6/7 weeks ago and by using a different link on this site but it's for 90 days only (link to thread i used at the bottom) and the post was from 2016 so you could try that if you are not successful with getting the one from this thread.

Extended Trial - Bitdefender Total Security 2017 - 90 days free trial

Vegekou

Jul 5, 2017
Hello there. Unfortunately I can't get a license.
I tried Windscribe, Hoxx VPN and Hotspot Shield. The problem is the captcha, It just doesn't show up.
So, even if I fill in the information, I got the "Invalid Page" error message.
Can someone help me or give me a license?
Thanks in advance.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Hello there. Unfortunately I can't get a license.
I tried Windscribe, Hoxx VPN and Hotspot Shield. The problem is the captcha, It just doesn't show up.
So, even if I fill in the information, I got the "Invalid Page" error message.
Can someone help me or give me a license?
Thanks in advance.
Read #28, maybe it will help.
Also there must be some sort of expiry date for this giveaway, just don't know when. The giveaway may have expired.

Reactions: frogboy

Vegekou

Jul 5, 2017
Read #28, maybe it will help.
Also there must be some sort of expiry date for this giveaway, just don't know when. The giveaway may have expired.
I followed the istructions and nothing's changed. I just got the "Ungültige Seite" message and there is no captcha to fill in.

Attachments

• BDEF.jpg
    BDEF.jpg
    951.6 KB · Views: 403
Reactions: vgchat

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I followed the istructions and nothing's changed. I just got the "Ungültige Seite" message and there is no captcha to fill in.
As it's saying "invalid page", looks like the giveaway is over.

vgchat

Level 1
Verified
Mar 22, 2013
Confirmed, the giveaway on OP is over.

Time to move this to the expired deals forum.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.