Question Forget Me Not - Forget cookies & other data and Cookie AutoDelete

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Zappathustra

Level 2
Jul 1, 2019
Using both is overkill. Cookie Autodelete has far more users and has been updated more recently, so that's what I would use. However what's best is stopping cookies to reach you in the first place. uBlock Origin along with Privacy Badger will go a long way for that.

You don't need any other content blocker if you are using uBlock Origin. It's redundant.

@ng4ever
As for cookie extensions, since you're using Firefox (congratulations!) just use the option to delete all cookies on closing (preferences#privacy) and create exceptions ((Ctrl+I)) on sites where you want to remain logged in

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Is this a troll post? Forget-Me-Not last updated 3 years ago (May 24, 2020) - Cookie AutoDelete last updated 8 months ago (Dec 8, 2022).
CAD can clean cache, cookies, indexedDB, localstorage, plugindata, service workers. An outdated Forget-Me-Not does not even compare.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Any point of using both Firefox addons ?
Using both the "Forget Me Not" and "Cookie AutoDelete" Firefox addons can provide extra security and privacy while browsing the web. Although they have some overlapping features, they also complement each other in certain ways.

"Cookie AutoDelete" primarily focuses on managing and deleting cookies automatically. It allows you to whitelist certain websites to keep their cookies while automatically removing cookies from other websites when you close their tabs. This helps prevent tracking and unwanted data collection.

On the other hand, "Forget Me Not" offers a broader range of privacy features, including cookie management, history cleaning, and cache clearing. It also provides options for forgetting other types of data like form data, passwords, and local storage. It allows you to set custom time frames to automatically delete this data or manually clear it with a single click.

By using both addons together, you get the benefit of advanced cookie management and comprehensive data removal. This combination helps protect your privacy and allows you to have more control over the data that accumulates during your browsing sessions.

Ultimately, whether you choose to use both addons depends on your specific privacy needs. If you require extensive control over various types of data and want additional features like history and cache management, using both addons can be beneficial. However, if you are primarily concerned with cookie management, "Cookie AutoDelete" might suffice on its own.

Zappathustra

Level 2
Jul 1, 2019
Using both the "Forget Me Not" and "Cookie AutoDelete" Firefox addons can provide extra security and privacy while browsing the web. Although they have some overlapping features, they also complement each other in certain ways.

"Cookie AutoDelete" primarily focuses on managing and deleting cookies automatically. It allows you to whitelist certain websites to keep their cookies while automatically removing cookies from other websites when you close their tabs. This helps prevent tracking and unwanted data collection.

On the other hand, "Forget Me Not" offers a broader range of privacy features, including cookie management, history cleaning, and cache clearing. It also provides options for forgetting other types of data like form data, passwords, and local storage. It allows you to set custom time frames to automatically delete this data or manually clear it with a single click.

By using both addons together, you get the benefit of advanced cookie management and comprehensive data removal. This combination helps protect your privacy and allows you to have more control over the data that accumulates during your browsing sessions.

Ultimately, whether you choose to use both addons depends on your specific privacy needs. If you require extensive control over various types of data and want additional features like history and cache management, using both addons can be beneficial. However, if you are primarily concerned with cookie management, "Cookie AutoDelete" might suffice on its own.

Bad Bot.

hango

Jul 20, 2023
Forget Me Not" and "Cookie AutoDelete" are browser extensions designed to manage and delete cookies and other data, enhancing privacy by automatically clearing browsing data or cookies after the user leaves a website. These extensions help users maintain better control over their online data and improve browsing privacy.

• Applause
Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.