FortiClient 6.0.0 (Windows)

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
:) probably sounds a bit unsure when sitting behind a million dollars worth of IT-security. Rest a sure, it is not you nor the Forticlient executable it is openload.co triggering the warning.

View attachment 197527

Nano Adblocker blocked it as well with filter: 1hosts.

I'm curious how much work is it configuring this as some of you are suggesting?

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Nano Adblocker blocked it as well with filter: 1hosts.

I'm curious how much work is it configuring this as some of you are suggesting?

Forticlient? The XML documentation is good and XML is one of the easiest to read markup languages for people out side IT. So most power users will figure the config file out in 20 minutes, may be an hour tops

Black Wings

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 20, 2018
Hey! Please.

I have a doubt, I must be doing something wrong, since I can not activate the Sandbox service
In <use_sandbox_signatures>1</use_sandbox_signatures> I changed the value from 0 to 1, but I guess I should do something else because when I activate the service in "malware protection" and go back to the initial window of Forticlient the service appears disabled.

Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

:) probably sounds a bit unsure when sitting behind a million dollars worth of IT-security. Rest assure, it is not you nor the Forticlient executable it is most likely openload.co triggering the warning.

View attachment 197527

Since that's an opensource file hosting site it can surely be used to host malware (although probably not common since Openload does scan for malware) Proper web filtration products won't flag it because they wouldn't block the TLD and risk false positives (like this). Malwarebytes used the worst possible methods for web filtration.

VirusTotal

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Hey! Please.

I have a doubt, I must be doing something wrong, since I can not activate the Sandbox service
In <use_sandbox_signatures>1</use_sandbox_signatures> I changed the value from 0 to 1, but I guess I should do something else because when I activate the service in "malware protection" and go back to the initial window of Forticlient the service appears disabled.

Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance
If you don't have a FortiSandbox, the sandbox module only lets you check quarantined items.
<use_sandbox_signatures>1</use_sandbox_signatures> means your AV will use signatures coming from other users' FortiSandboxes

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Has anyone using this noticed the extreme performance improvements?

You should see more rapid system shutdowns/boots. Browsing improvements with a near-zero-weight Web filtration. Etc. There were a lot of backend performance improvements done with this latest version. (6.0.2.0128)

Tume

Level 2
Verified
Mar 30, 2018
a1c53ae98d619f4b39c76b8e1efe459d.png

There isn't anymore possibilities disable fortianalytics just using GUI. It have to do using configure .conf file.

New version also tried download Sandbox Signatures, but can't do that anymore?

06e448b42b5625cba58282ec3fa29571.png

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Has anyone using this noticed the extreme performance improvements?

You should see more rapid system shutdowns/boots. Browsing improvements with a near-zero-weight Web filtration. Etc. There were a lot of backend performance improvements done with this latest version. (6.0.2.0128)

I'm currently running 6.0.1.0099. does FC autoupdate to 6.0.2..? or do I need to DL and install. if so, install over the top?? sorry if this was already asked and answered, I've been away for a week or so.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I'm currently running 6.0.1.0099. does FC autoupdate to 6.0.2..? or do I need to DL and install. if so, install over the top?? sorry if this was already asked and answered, I've been away for a week or so.

Only if you have that setting checked in the unlocked settings area. FC is designed to also function under LTS environments where you do not want updates, hence by default, actual program updates are disabled. (but protection modules and signature updates are always on)

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Only if you have that setting checked in the unlocked settings area. FC is designed to also function under LTS environments where you do not want updates, hence by default, actual program updates are disabled. (but protection modules and signature updates are always on)

thankyou! :)(y)

71Hemi

Level 2
Verified
Dec 12, 2015
@ForgottenSeer 58943
Just some quick questions, I ran a quick scan last night which never finished scanning and "Items Scanned" only showed 0 items being scanned the whole time. Isn't "Items Scanned" supposed to show what is being scanned and where it is at the moment during a scan? When trying to pause the scan I got a "Program is not Responding". I ended up having to do a soft reset as nothing would respond including task manager. Is there any issues between FortiClient and Faronics Deep Freeze or any other software that I'm not aware of ? Thanks Again !

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Today started to get 'Blocked (Unknown)' websites, I assume this isn't related to "Unrated" ones. So basically I changed
Code:
<action_when_unavailable>deny</action_when_unavailable>
from default 'deny' to 'monitor', so websites still would be filtered instead of 'allow' and unfiltered. Not sure if I done it right, but my issue is gone. :D

Fortinet Knowledge Base - View Document

Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

I'm just running forticlient free v6.0.2.0128 web security & vulnerability scan. Where do you look to find if there's a version update. "About" shows Engine status v2.00026 and signatures 1.00172 both up to date, but searching at fortinet I'm not finding anything that shows me the current app version. Where, if anywhere, is that info found? :unsure: ie am I running the most current version of forticlient?

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Anyone know how to get "submit for analysis" working? everytime I try to right-click submit a file to them it alway ends with "Failed to send file"

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Theres something wrong with the forticlient web filter currently
It forces youtube to run on restricted mode ( adult filter ) and i really didnt found out any other way to fix this issue than turn it off

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Can't wait to update this on mine when it installs. Unless it already has.

~LDogg

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Unrated sites should never be blocked or that setting will cause major grief.

The setting is there for restrictive corporate/enterprise/govt. systems that restrict access to unknown/unquantified entities. A consumer should never do this as illustrated above. It can block everything, even Windows Updates at times. Since a corporate network probably pushes from WSUS anyway.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.